I've realized that I really don't mind the Storm. My one real issue is with typing. It just gets tiring after a while, having to click the screen down for every keypress. Is there an app out there that would let me just tap the screen to get a letter instead of fully clicking the screen to get the letter?
    01-20-10 03:20 PM
    Not that I'm aware of.
    01-20-10 03:27 PM
    This question comes up periodically. As of yet there is no app that does this.

Opera 5 beta 1 Did allow this touch entry for their browser text field but they removed this feature in beta 2. They did this but creating their own keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 03:28 PM
    You shouldn't have bought the Storm if you wanted a "click"less screen. How does it get tiring to have to click the screen? Essentially every phone before touchscreens came out required a click.
    01-20-10 04:21 PM
    You shouldn't have bought the Storm if you wanted a "click"less screen. How does it get tiring to have to click the screen? Essentially every phone before touchscreens came out required a click.
    thanks for the lesson. when i first got it, yeah it was cool to click the screen. now its a pain in the *** a year later.

it gets tiring, and others will agree, that waiting for the screen to rebound before you're able to click down the next letter can be tiresome on your hands. i used a treo before this with a physical keyboard, and i could jam out some long messages without any issues.
    01-20-10 04:24 PM
    The clickscreen is love/hate. Having used it for well over a year now, it feels strange to me to use a touchscreen device. I'm a fan of the clickscreen and actually prefer it at this point. I agree that it can be tiresome to wait for the Storm to catch up with the typing -- the typing lag is by far my biggest complaint about the Storm and I wish (man do I wish) that they could get rid of it completely. I don't see how typing with the clickscreen can be physically tiring. Seriously. The difference between pressing a "button" on an iPhone, a Storm, a Tour, or a Treo is negligible. Not liking the clickscreen is entirely understandable; not liking the clickscreen because it is physically taxing is difficult for me to understand. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions and if someone comes up with a touch-type app, I'll be sure to give it a try to see what I'm missing.
    01-20-10 04:33 PM
    i type just as fast as i did on my old treo which is pretty fast. some people just dont get the the hang of the different keyboard
    01-20-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD