I think I saw an app once that could save/restore your reg codes for third party apps after you had to wipe/restore your BB. I can't remember the name of it, and searching is not helping. Just curious as to whether such a thing exists and if someone knows of it - or any other shortcut to make this less painful. I don't mean a password keeper type of app, but something that actually would save the user from having to re-enter the reg codes for each individual app.

My BB is my work device, and lately the IT guys have had to wipe/restore our BB's once a month or so. They restore the apps, but then I have to go in and enter all of the reg codes, and it's getting old pretty fast. My fault I guess for having so many apps.
    04-23-10 02:09 PM
    Yea, it's called Google Docs.

Sorry no harm meant. I combined all my key code required info onto a Doc that I keep in my Google Doc's folder, along with link to re download. Basically I copy the receipt I get from Crackberry, (just the important parts). I also keep a copy on my SM card.
    04-23-10 03:35 PM
    Keeping track of them isn't hard. Having to re-enter them is a hassle.
    04-23-10 04:28 PM
    preloaded app called "password keeper" works great for me
    04-23-10 04:36 PM
    I just use a memo and regularly back my device up with SmrtGuard and the desktop manager.
    04-23-10 04:49 PM
    Anything that holds text information...

Memo, word file, keepass, password keeper, etc.
    04-23-10 04:51 PM
    i think the OP is looking for an app that automatically *enters* the registration key for all his apps. i don't know of an app that does that. Some apps have a backup/restore within the app itself that backs up that apps settings and then restores them. However you still need to first enter a registration key. It is a pain, i agree.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 04:57 PM
    I can't really see how it would know how to enter all of them, considering all apps basically register through the UI in different ways....

A 3rd party app would have to know how to handle every app and input data automatically, which I don't see happening. Even worse, the app names could change from version to version...
    04-23-10 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD