I am running .109, and was about to take the leaked plunge again - it was a hard decision the first time!
    Now that .148 is coming out, I would like to take more advantage of the device. I read about all these apps and themes and I feel left out!

The only third party apps I run are
    vlingo - the free version
    viigo - the alpha version
    weatherbug
    youtube

I took everything else off about two weeks ago in a marathon of tech support with RIM over an email reconcilliation issue. We wiped just about everything off the device at the time

Will .148 take care of the memory leak, or do I need to replace weatherbug with a different weather program.

What else should I look at now that .148 will be official....
    05-30-09 05:27 AM
    Upgrade to the latest Weatherbug. The memory leak is supposed to be better.
    05-30-09 05:54 AM
    Upgrade to the latest Weatherbug. The memory leak is supposed to be better.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    also check out the sexy dice app lol It uses the storms accelerometer well
    05-30-09 06:03 AM
    Not sure about Vlingo but everywhere I read claims WeatherBug is a major problem. So yeah, either get rid of that one or try the latest version. Viigo & YouTube seemed to be stable for me when I used them but I've since removed them as I have no need for them anymore. So I don't know how they are in .148.
    05-30-09 08:28 AM
    Actually, everyone talks about the leak in wb, because they read a post on crackberry about a leak in wb.

I've run it on 5 different storms and 10+ different OSs and never seen a leak (when properly configured).

http://www.halfbakedschemes.com/new_mem.jpg
    05-30-09 10:23 AM
    ^^ Good point. "When properly configured" You may be right. I don't run any weather apps anymore so can't say for sure which if any are real problems. Used to run SimpleWeather until I discovered it killed battery life which the developer is still trying to fix. Ironic since he wrote it specifically to be light weight and not cause memory leaks or battery drains. Oh well.
    05-30-09 10:30 AM
    I do have the most recent version of weather bug, so once the .148 is ready, I will see how that goes before I make any other changes.
    05-30-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD