Hello. I am a former Alltel cust. and I just activated a Storm on my account. After I activated it online, I noticed there were several new apps in my home folder. Two I am ok with: Vzw Tones and Vcast song ID. At least I know what they are and where they came from. The other two I am concerned about. They are [email protected] and [email protected]. They both show up as yahoo icons. I keep getting messages in my inbox from worthurtime2002...junk mail. What the heck are these and can I get rid of them?

Thanks for your time and patience...first time poster and BB noob.
    If necessary, please move to the appropriate forum.
    07-12-09 11:25 AM
    Ya get more info at the storm forums
    Neways the two apps r pushed to ur device by carrier
    Access bis to delete email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:03 PM
    lol, after several hrs of research, I think I figured it out. Since I bought the phone used, the pin is registered with another bis account. I tried to set up a bis account for my gmail and was informed that the pin was assigned to another account. so all the junk mail crap was from this other guys email, not pushed from the carrier. Craptastic. Now I have a BB that I can't set up my email on, lol. I have read several threads where Verizon can't help unless the original owner contacts them. I sent him a few messages through ebay.. just to let him know I was reading his email, lol. Hopefully he will call Verizon to release the pin.
    07-12-09 01:06 PM
    lol, after several hrs of research, I think I figured it out. Since I bought the phone used, the pin is registered with another bis account. I tried to set up a bis account for my gmail and was informed that the pin was assigned to another account. so all the junk mail crap was from this other guys email, not pushed from the carrier. Craptastic. Now I have a BB that I can't set up my email on, lol. I have read several threads where Verizon can't help unless the original owner contacts them. I sent him a few messages through ebay.. just to let him know I was reading his email, lol. Hopefully he will call Verizon to release the pin.
    When you said that you tried to set up a gmail account, were you doing it from the BIS site or the email settings app? If you used the BIS site, try using the email settings app and maybe the previous owner didn't setup an username and password. If they didn't you can get right in and delete the email accounts. If the previous owner did setup login information, they can go in from the BIS site and change the password to something generic. Then you can use their username and the generic password to login and do what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the fast replies. Problem solved. I called Verizon and they reset the pin and talked me through my email set up with no problem. Really friendly, actually. Thanks again.
    07-12-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD