Anyone know of an app that will monitor what's running on the Berry and help to figure out what is eating battery life, processing power, etc? I've recently started losing battery WAY too fast and I thought I had everything extraneous shut off. I'd like to know exactly what is running and how much battery it's accountable for and how much bandwidth and processing power it's consuming.

Thanks all!
    06-21-10 08:27 AM
    There are apps that will show you whats running, but there is no app that will be able to tell you what resources (memory, cpu etc) another app is using.
    06-21-10 08:39 AM
    recommendation for one? preferably a freebie if available.
    06-21-10 08:49 AM
    BeAlert
    10charas
    06-21-10 08:53 AM
    thanks. I'll check them out.
    06-21-10 08:55 AM
    ok, i installed deProcMan (trial). A bunch of processes are running in the background that would SEEM I should turn off:
    - application updater
    - blackberry app world
    blackberry game service (huh?)
    - diagnostics
    - google maps
    - i heart radio
    - paypal
    - podtrapper
    - slacker radio
    - tradutor
    - wireless upgrade app
    - word mole

these don't show in the applications running list...just "procs"

any idea how to stop these/prevent them from running? I've done a battery pull recently and have not launched most of these since then, yet they seem to show up.
    06-21-10 09:16 AM
    You could try mobile data alerter. It tracks data usage which isn't important since I have an unlimited plan but it also shows which apps are currently running.
    06-21-10 09:28 AM
    "Kisses" is free on AppWorld just recently updated to version 2.0.
    06-21-10 09:41 AM
    Kisses says 38 processes running, 194 dormant, 352 system processes and 126 3rd party and no malware found.

For instance: it says Poynt (process) is running (not to mention a ton of other app's I'm not using at the moment).

Does every app you install get a background process that runs at startup?
    06-21-10 09:48 AM
    i just noticed the communication arrows lighting up every few seconds like something is grabbing/pushing data. I'm on a BPServer so that does some of that. I turned of the WiFi radio and that seems to have stopped. It looks like something that has permissions on the WiFi side of the network is pumping data up or down. That'd do it! How do I ID it?
    06-21-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD