Would there be anyway to design a simple program that would essentially run in the background and when activated by some external stimulus, email the location of the phone via GPS by email to a designated email address?

Basically, I think a program that would benefit the following situation would be extremely useful for everyone who owns a storm, or even a blackberry. Imagine your phone gets stolen or you lost it. You hop on a computer, send the phone the signal to email its location (via programmers website, text, call), and use the location in an effort to find it??

I dont know. Just thought it was an idea as I can see how it could benefit people who own this phone, being that most of us spent a pretty penny on it when it first came out.
    03-06-09 04:33 PM
    Sounds great to me!
    03-06-09 04:37 PM
    Use Google Lattitude, run in the background on blackberry and then locate ur phone via GPS on google maps on your PC, its pretty reliable!
    03-06-09 04:54 PM
    I've created one, and will be selling it in the App World when it opens for the minimum price (be it $.99 or $2.99). It will have a few additional features to help you locate your phone or recover it if it is stolen as well.

If you don't want to wait, the popular solution now is Berry Locator for $7.
    Berry Locator : Retrieve your lost BlackBerry by just sending an email
    03-06-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD