I'd love an app that works like the things you can buy that sit on your dashboard and tells you when someone within how ever many miles is using a radar gun. Think it can be done?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 09:10 AM
    No, there is no way a cellphone of any kind can detect radar.
    11-09-10 09:35 AM
    I do not think so either with the current hardware on these devices. Maybe if RIM went back to the old infrared data transfer system someone smart enough could possibly make one, but will that ever happen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 11:33 AM
    Trapster uses input from it's various users that will tell you where the RADAR/LIDAR/ Speed traps are..
    11-09-10 11:40 AM
    Trapster is cool, but unfortunately is not much of a guarantee. At least in my area, practically no one registers anything
    11-09-10 12:10 PM
    I tried out trapster but found it more of a distraction than useful. For one thing, if I had a radar site to report it was difficult to enter it on the phone while driving. I'm just not that good.
    11-09-10 11:31 PM
    I know with previous versions of Trapster, I would just have to press 1, then click twice on the trackball (no looking needed) to report a sighting. I haven't tried Trapster in a while. Now that it has a more graphic interface, I wonder if they kept the keyboard shortcuts.
    11-10-10 07:39 AM
    Best I've found, besides Trapster, is a standalone GPS with downloaded red light camera and speed trap information as POIs. It's very effective and you can set your warning to any distance.

Trapster was tedious, slow, and not very accurate, but still kinda cool for a free app. I use that same data to input into my GPS and it makes a slick interface. A good bird dog (radar) helps too... :-)
    11-10-10 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD