Would someone care to write an app to delete unwanted service books on device boots? One I always delete after boot is my service providers (Alltel) browser start up page. If I don't delete it after each boot I can't use the "Start" page that i prefer. An app to delete any service books you want would be nice and something I'd be willing to pay a fair price for. Any takers?

forkup
    07-10-09 04:32 PM
    The service books will be resent your phone on a pretty regular basis. Even if you remove them with an app.

There are a couple of desktop programs that can remove some of the more anoying and unwanted apps that come preinstalled. JLcomander is one that comes to mind. I don't know if it will take care of a forced homepage though. You do have to be careful with programs like these though. If you don't know what you are doing and don't follow the instructions you can really mess up your berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:35 PM
    Keep it simple, put a folder on your desktop, drag and drop the icons into it, hide the folder. The files are tiny, not worth the effort if getting rid of.

07-11-09 12:20 AM
    Keep it simple, *** a folder to your desktop, drag and drop the icons into it, hide the folder. The files are tiny, not worth the effort if getting rid of.

Thats what i do.
    07-11-09 12:21 AM
    I have the icons hid that I don't wanna see but this one particular service book entry bugs the crap outta me. As I said when I open the native BB browser instead of the start page I want to use it opens the page alltel wants me to have so each time I reboot the device I go in and delete the service book entry for it. I just thought it would be nice to have an app that would automatically delete it for me after each device boot.

forkup
    07-11-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD