I have the Gmail app and the Facebook app installed on my phone. I used to get the facebook icon appear up top when I got a facebook message and I would also get a notification in my messages. Now I get neither...and I also don't get a gmail icon up top either. What do I need to do to fix this?
    08-10-09 06:09 PM
    check you profiles and see if your setting it to show.

also you may want to check the settings of the apps themselves.
    08-10-09 06:22 PM
    that sounds great in theory...but I'm looking for a more detailed answer. I've gone into both profile and app settings and can't seem to find anything.. It seems like a such a simple task but it's driving me crazy! Hopefully somebody else has had this happen. Thanks all!
    08-10-09 06:52 PM
    check you facebook settings online...

as for the gmail, do you have the app running and on the email account you have mail on? also if you read it on your computer it will disappear from the app as NEW
    08-10-09 07:52 PM
    ...and I also don't get a gmail icon up top either. What do I need to do to fix this?
    I think he means a gmail notification in the banner icons. I don't think gmail can do this, at least I've never had that working either. Does anyone have that when new gmail arrives?
    08-10-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD