Well, I uninstalled the Facebook app via the desktop manager but the icon is still there. I went into the "Application Management" menu (Options> Device> App mgmt) and it does NOT show the facebook app on the list of installed apps. I even did a battery pull but the icon is still there.

I hate facebook and would really like this icon off my phone. Any ideas?
    12-31-10 01:18 AM
    Never mind.

I went into the service books and deleted facebook browser. I think that's what it was called..... it was facebook something.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.
    12-31-10 01:31 AM
    Don't be surprised when that icon shows back up after your next reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 01:58 AM
    Don't be surprised when that icon shows back up after your next reboot.

Can you offer any suggestions on how to get rid of it for good?
    12-31-10 02:18 AM
    Hit Application World then check if it looks there in uninstalled section..
    If so, hold alt key on your keyboard and press R S T in a row..then battery pull..

Tuurkcell, Avea, BlackBerry , Fatih Kurnaz

12-31-10 02:24 AM
    Hit Application World then check if it looks there in uninstalled section..
    If so, hold alt key on your keyboard and press R S T in a row..then battery pull..

Tuurkcell, Avea, BlackBerry , Fatih Kurnaz

It does not appear in the uninstalled section of app world.
    12-31-10 02:31 AM
    Can you offer any suggestions on how to get rid of it for good?
    Typically, any of these icons are pushed by the carrier any time you reboot the device. I have a folder where I stash these icons, then I hide the folder on the desktop and forget about it unless I need to hide something else, later.

AAFC and bimmer22 like this.
    12-31-10 02:37 AM
    I tried a battery pull after reading your first reply and yep, it came back!

Thanks for you suggestion about hiding these icons in a folder, then hiding that folder. Sounds like that is what I'll do also. I had no idea the icons were pushed by the carrier.

Thanks again!
    12-31-10 02:40 AM
    I tried a battery pull after reading your first reply and yep, it came back!

Thanks for you suggestion about hiding these icons in a folder, then hiding that folder. Sounds like that is what I'll do also. I had no idea the icons were pushed by the carrier.

Thanks again!
    No problem. Every once in a while you'll find an icon has appeared that just wasn't there before. I've seen folks wig out not knowing the carrier does this from time to time. Many folks don't know that your browser choices are also set by the carrier. Hence, VZW users get the choice of Bing!, and Bing! Again.

bimmer22 likes this.
    12-31-10 03:37 AM
    Yeah Sprint has several apps they push and I do the same thing as BergerKing and just hide them. It's not just on the BlackBerrys either. My father bought an LG Optimus through Sprint yesterday (I was so embarrassed since the CSR knows I write for CrackBerry) and I was shocked at the amount of pushed apps on the Android phones. UI also not so user friendly, took me 2 hrs to set his home screen icons but I digress...
    01-02-11 12:08 PM
    Yeah, Sprint has some pushed goodies, but at least we can Google or Yahoo, + other options for searches. But not having to pay an extra charge for turN-by-turn Nav is still one of my favorites.

01-20-11 05:20 AM
    I have a similar problem. I have 2 themes that stil show up in my themes list that I've deleted. When I click on it, the option of "delete" is grey and it will still let me use the theme as if I hadn't deleted it.

01-20-11 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD