okay, i downloaded a app from a site on my computer and it said i can somehow transfer iit to my blackberry, i have a cruve 8520, how can i get the downloads from my downloads on my computer to be a working app on my bb?
    03-06-10 12:18 PM
    From where did you download the app?
    What type of file did you download? JAD? ZIP? something else?
    03-06-10 01:00 PM
    You could use your DM (Desktop Manager) App Loader to load it on to the BB or, you could return back to the site and see if they have an OTA option (such as is found here in the Crackberry App Store). And yeah, Mama is right...if it's a zipped file, make sure you unzip it on your computer first, otherwise, the DM App Loader won't see it.
    03-06-10 01:24 PM
    yeah ive done it now, it was a JAD file, but when i loaded it on using desktop manager, but it didnt work or soemthing so i gave up with it.
    03-06-10 01:37 PM
    JAD files must be installed by visiting the JAD file link DIRECTLY in your BlackBerry Browser not via your computer.
    03-06-10 02:30 PM
    so OTA downloads only?
    03-06-10 02:38 PM
    Yes.

If you can't or don't want to load applications OTA, then you must look for applications with a desktop install option. Not all applications have that option.
    03-06-10 03:21 PM
    okay thanks, do you knwo anything about what i mentioned up there ^^^ about the content and push caches?
    03-06-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD