Is there an app to get rid of the blue glow on the keyboard. The thing is useless and makes selecting the key even harder. I want just the key I am selecting to light up. Surely someone has a solution!
    08-02-09 09:12 AM
    Nope, sorry! That blue thing is actually pretty cool I find!
    08-02-09 09:25 AM
    I haven't heard of an app for that. I think most people like or accept the glow so you probably won't see an app for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:21 AM
    How bout an app that can change the color and/or turn it off. I think an orange glow to match my theme would be sweet.
    08-02-09 11:47 AM
    Something like this wouldn't be possible through an app. The blue glow is simply part of the OS, and there is no API to change the color or turn it off.

Now maybe someone could write a complete custom keyboard app, with this option AND tap typing?
    Probably not possible either, but I can still dream!
    08-02-09 12:48 PM
    i personally find the glow useful instead of ending up hitting the wrong buttons with my fat thumbs lol
    08-02-09 07:56 PM
    How bout an app that can change the color and/or turn it off. I think an orange glow to match my theme would be sweet.
    Best idea, I've heard all day.
    08-02-09 08:19 PM
    Weird. I thought the "blue glow" was the key being lit after it's been selected.
    08-02-09 08:25 PM
    might be wrong but dont think its possible. i would love it though
    08-02-09 08:27 PM
    definitely not possible but it would be nice
    08-02-09 09:00 PM
    If I'm not mistaken I think there are options in 5.0.0.140 that let you turn it off it's referred to as "key ghosting" I think. I'm not running that OS so I can't say for sure but I do remember reading about it. At least we know this will be some sort of option once OS 5.x is released officially.

Also it helps if you hover over the bottom half of the key prior to "clicking" the letter you are about to type. you can see the key and the letter and the blue glow all at the same time especially on the portrait full qwerty key board. Just as the key board is optimized for typing letters on the right side of the keyboard with the right hand, and vice versa, it is also optimized for typing on the bottom half of the key. Once you get used to it, it greatly increases your ability to type fast and error free.
    08-04-09 01:19 PM
    I also wonder if its possible to make a custom keyboard app hmm tap type would be an amazing feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 02:13 PM
    Why in God's name would you want to get rid of that? It's there to make sure you have selected the correct button before you push

Its the same highlighting/ghosting you have on the home screen.

Im guessing themes could change the colour. Never dl'ed a theme so don't know.
    08-05-09 02:45 PM
    They need to come up with something like the Tmo MyTouch and iPhone. Where the key pops up IMO. Just switched from Tmo to VZW and they come out with the MyTouch. Oh well. Its not a BB and I doubt I will ever own another brand of phone. Love them too much.
    08-09-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD