Since the Storm is entering later in the game when it comes to touch screen apps and games, I say to look at the most popular games/apps for the major touch screen competitors and base some apps/games off them but do it better and only for the Storm. So I looked around and got some ideas:

App requests:
    - ShopSaavy (price comparison)
    - Shazaam (song identifier)
    - Translator
    - An app where you could edit pictures and make them funny. Something like the Apple webcam feature where you can distort people's faces? They had a really cool and funny app for the n95 that did the same thing. I wish it was on the Storm.
    - I would like a speedomoter app maybe measured from 0-60, and quarter mile, and top speed, and "g" meter during turns and whatnot
    - An app that times how long and far you walked/ran (some kind of runner's app)
    - A bartending app (browse premade drinks, search drinks, upload your own drinks, w/ ratings, pictures and other details)
    - A calorie calculator (for the nutrition guy or person on a diet)

Game requests:
    - There is a game called "Physics?" or something, where you draw whatever you want and your goal is to keep on moving a ball. It is a side-scrolling game and really fun.
    - Platform, side-scrolling racing game or action game like Mario / metal slug
    - A sports game (maybe 10 mini sports games and calling it the Olympics?)
    - A game like Worms
    - A game like Raiden
    - A game like Super Monkey Ball
    - A 1st person shooter
    - Duck Hunt
    - pacman
    - Sudoku
    - Crossword Puzzle / Scrabble

I know some of these apps/games are already created but they could be done better, and more optimized for the Storm.

Some suggestions are:
    making sure the game is smooth and bug free of course, having great graphics and animation (almost as important), instructions (even if the game is simple), save feature, high scores (for games), quick feedback from the developer w/ regular updates and official threads, and last not but not least, making the game free (you can put some ads or something to generate revenue but free is always better, especially since the minimum price at Blackberry app world is now going to be 2.99). Even though these suggestions sound simple, it is not necessarily in the all the apps/games I have seen.
    03-09-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD