I'm in search of a app that allows me to send a sms over the internet, rather than to pay my carrier for text messages I have sent. I know there are programs on the net that allow this, but I dont wanna have to go on the net everytime I wanna send a text. It seems pretty straightforward because if you can do it on the net then you should be able to do it on a phone that has internet.
    Last edited by Prashil; 07-05-09 at 03:43 PM.
    07-05-09 03:38 PM
    Isn't unlimited text part of the BB package? How many do you send a month?
    07-05-09 03:41 PM
    Isn't unlimited text part of the BB package? How many do you send a month?
    no it is not. I have free 250 txt. allowance on a old plan that was grandfathered in which I do not pay for. If I wanna add a text package, I lose that free 250 texts.
    07-05-09 03:43 PM
    cant u just send an email to a phone? like text messaging via email

ie:
    text messaging a person via email (on vzw) will be

[email protected]

the x's being the person's 10 digit number
    07-05-09 03:43 PM
    cant u just send an email to a phone? like text messaging via email

ie:
    text messaging a person via email (on vzw) will be

[email protected]
    yeah, but that would limit me to only vzw customers.
    07-05-09 03:44 PM
    All carriers have text messaging email addresses�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 03:49 PM
    this was posted on another forum

"You can also get "FREE" SMS from a Blackberry, or atless send free SMS by using teleflip.com if you have unlimited data again. Just by sending an e-mail to (10 dig Phone number)@teleflip.com and it will send an SMS to the phone number."

still not ideal though, because they would likely add advertising on their text messages like gizimodo does. It doesnt look too good when you send messages with ads to your clients.

EDIT: Teleflip is out of business, so scratch that!
    Last edited by Prashil; 07-05-09 at 03:55 PM.
    07-05-09 03:49 PM
    eh, i just pay the $5 for unlimited sms, mms, etc

Its easier since the way BB does sms is kinda unhackable so to speak
    07-05-09 03:52 PM
    All carriers have text messaging email addresses�

so I can send email texts to anyone, by changing the @xxx. What would the .com be for all the companies. This isn't a very smart solution, because it requires you to know what provider the user is on. There really should be a app for this, or maybe I have to go to the iphone
    07-05-09 03:52 PM
    eh, i just pay the $5 for unlimited sms, mms, etc

Its easier since the way BB does sms is kinda unhackable so to speak
    how did you get that? When I wanted to add extra text they gave me 500 for $5
    07-05-09 03:53 PM
    so I can send email texts to anyone, by changing the @xxx. What would the .com be for all the companies. This isn't a very smart solution, because it requires you to know what provider the user is on. There really should be a app for this, or maybe I have to go to the iphone
    List of carriers providing SMS transit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

neways, dude, unlimited messaging bundle aint that much, especially when mms/sms r unlimited together
    07-05-09 03:55 PM
    List of carriers providing SMS transit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

neways, dude, unlimited messaging bundle aint that much, especially when mms/sms r unlimited together
    actually [email protected] still uses text messaging fees. I would imagine it would be the same for all those other companies.

Here's the point im trying to make. we pay 30 bucks a month for internet service. Why would you want to pay additional money for something that should be covered under the internet service fee? Think about it.

Edit: unlimited messaging is now $35 on vzw. That's more than what I pay for a data plan. This is just stupid.
    Last edited by Prashil; 07-05-09 at 04:19 PM.
    07-05-09 04:16 PM
    dude you have no clue what you are looking at.

get this plan
    Enter your location

BlackBerry� Nationwide Email & Messaging
    07-05-09 04:24 PM
    actually [email protected] still uses text messaging fees. I would imagine it would be the same for all those other companies.

Here's the point im trying to make. we pay 30 bucks a month for internet service. Why would you want to pay additional money for something that should be covered under the internet service fee? Think about it.

Edit: unlimited messaging is now $35 on vzw. That's more than what I pay for a data plan. This is just stupid.
    That is data usage though, sms and mms arent under data they are part of voice service.
    07-05-09 04:28 PM
    dude you have no clue what you are looking at.

get this plan
    Enter your location

BlackBerry� Nationwide Email & Messaging
    Actually Im aware of this plan...I have 1000 peak mins. for $55. If I decided to change plans then I would go down to 450 peaks minutes for twice as much. Doesnt make sense

edit: the 450 min. plan costs 80 dollars
    07-05-09 04:30 PM
    My plan said 250 sms for 5 dollars and 500 for 10 dollars 2000 for 20 dollars and 5000 for 25 dollars. There was no unlimited plan offered from wirefly

07-05-09 05:01 PM
    Actually Im aware of this plan...I have 1000 peak mins. for $55. If I decided to change plans then I would go down to 450 peaks minutes for twice as much. Doesnt make sense

edit: the 450 min. plan costs 80 dollars
    You are on a grandfathered plan it would appear. You will have to upgrade to current plans which gives you the unlimited features or stay on the grandfather plan which is cheaper without the features.

My plan said 250 sms for 5 dollars and 500 for 10 dollars 2000 for 20 dollars and 5000 for 25 dollars. There was no unlimited plan offered from wirefly

I would contact VZW and get on that plan then if it gets you a better deal. I got hit 2 months straight with the $10-15 charges for txts before i realized how much cheaper it would be for the unlimited plan.
    07-05-09 05:19 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's $9.99 for unlimited texting on the nationwide plans? Are you considering it $35 because you would lose your grandfathered plan and the new plan would be more expensive?
    07-05-09 07:28 PM
    Add mobile numbers to your AIM buddy list on the computer then they show up on AIM on your phone and you can I'm them for free.

07-05-09 07:34 PM
    Calling developers stupid might not help getting them to do something for you :}

07-05-09 07:37 PM

I can do what you outlined above...but they wont stack my free text messaging on top of the ones I pay for. I.E. If i got the 250 txt. pkg. I wouldn't get 500, i'd still have 250 free text messages allowed. I dont really go over my allowance, so it's not that big of a deal, but it just seems kind of silly that there is no app that allows you to send text using the data plan you already pay for.
    07-05-09 07:42 PM
    It is ridiculous how expensive text messaging is... And the prices keep going up for the exact same service. Its not like they are upgrading or adding new features, sms has been the same yet they charge us more

07-05-09 07:45 PM
    Calling developers stupid might not help getting them to do something for you :}

I'm just pointing out the obvious. Why are we paying twice for something? There are all kinds of ridiculous apps. out there with no real use whatsoever. They make apps that make farting noises for gods sake. Why not something useful like a program that completely serves as your sms inbox/outbox? Rather than paying for text messages, it simply sends it over the net like many other services. Unless there is some technical reason in which this can't be accomplished, then I apologize for my ignorance as I am not a developer. But this does seem very straight forward from where I stand. We have internet on our phones. You can send text messages over the internet. Why isn't there a program that is on your phone that allows you to do this, without having to go to a website everytime? Answer that for me.
    07-05-09 07:54 PM
    It is ridiculous how expensive text messaging is... And the prices keep going up for the exact same service. Its not like they are upgrading or adding new features, sms has been the same yet they charge us more

I agree. Text messaging is the cheapest form of service to provide. Yet, americans pay out the as$ for this service. Ask someone who's raising a teenager and they'll tell you that text messaging costs are wayyy over priced.
    07-05-09 07:58 PM
    I can do what you outlined above...but they wont stack my free text messaging on top of the ones I pay for. I.E. If i got the 250 txt. pkg. I wouldn't get 500, i'd still have 250 free text messages allowed. I dont really go over my allowance, so it's not that big of a deal, but it just seems kind of silly that there is no app that allows you to send text using the data plan you already pay for.
    You do realize that SMS uses your voice features and not the data right? Just making sure. And as for raising a teenager and texts being expensive, my mom never complains about it and she has 4 lines with the unlimited texting and 2 with the bb data. And if it's so much for you to pay for, why don't you go to a regular phone so you lose the $30 for the internet and such so you only have to pay for one service: the texting.
    07-05-09 08:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD