Anyone out there know of a free app or at least a cheap app that will send sms messages to an email? I know you can forward them but it doesn't show all the neccessary information. Thanks all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 02:12 AM
    can't you just compose a sms message and enter in your email address as the receiptiant
    05-14-09 11:12 AM
    Maybe something like this would help: txtForward - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

I've never used it, but it does say it has a free trial!
    05-14-09 11:38 AM
    If you are looking for a way to SAVE SMS messages...

I use ABC Amber Blackberry Converter (Free download ABC Amber Text Convertor, convert document to PDF, CHM, HTML, RTF, DOC, TXT, WPD, MCW, WPS, SAM, WSD, WRI, RFT). What I do is connect my berry to a laptop and then open ABC which shows you all the SMS messages and strings them together for you into one long text. A free trial only allows 10 sms at a time, but you can break up your SMS stack into several batches, if you understand what I'm trying to say. Then you can export the file as .txt or .doc as well as other forms, I believe.

Good for saving a txt copy of SMS that you want to have without having to save a huge folder of them on your internal memory of the bb.

Hope this helps, but you would need to use a computer along the way for this method.
    05-14-09 12:27 PM
    Thanks guys. I want to save incoming texts. Just wanted to see what was out there. I think ill be trying the abc one. That looks like what I am gonna need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:00 PM
    From ABC Amber Blackberry Converter website:

ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter is a very useful tool that converts messages and contacts from IPD (BlackBerry backup) files to any document format (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, TXT, DOC, MDB, XLS, etc.) easily and quickly. All you have to do is open BlackBerry file, select required messages, choose document format to convert and click "Save As" button. Currently our software supports more than 50 languages.

So one more thing I neglected to say before: you must do a backup of your berry using DM to create the .ipd file. It is what ABC uses to open and show you the SMS and allows you to save.

I recently purchased a license for it and I love it. If you text and want to save it, this works well.
    05-14-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD