I keep getting this app error screen. The screen goes white and in the very center of the screen in tiny black font... I mean so tiny its hard to read... are the words... APP error reset. It didn't ever happen on my first phone... Only on this replacement unit.... It happens at various times.. never using the same app and sometimes it happens while in the holster or just sitting on my desk... Anyone else having this issue... I am running .85 with very few apps installed....
    viigo
    garmin
    weatherbug
    v voicemail
    01-23-09 08:59 PM
    That happened to my 8830 once. In my case, it was always the same app running (not one on your list). Eventually the error happened and a battery pull wouldn't recover it and I had to wipe and reload the OS. I did not reinstall the misbehaving app and the problem did not recur. I recommend you make a backup of your personal data. Do not backup your 3rd party apps. Wipe, reload, and restore your personal data, then put the apps back on one at a time. You may not have any more problems, but if you do, you may be able to isolate it to one app.
    01-23-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD