kKunal,

I already did the pull and satisfisfied with the hybrid.
    There was no error until I installed crackberry superstore apps & added a contact, linked it with blackberry messenger contact, edited the reminders on calendar (which is link to birthday date on contact).
    And guess what? App error 603 appears again on my screen after restarting.
    I pull the battery several times, but still the same.
    I suspect that the problem is with the blackberry contact. Somehow the link between the contact with the bbm n calendar causes the error.
    Hope my guess is right, so I don't need to face the app error again, although its quite dissapointing if we can't link the contact with other app.

U're welcome sharky
    I can imagine this error to be a real terror!! Grrrrrr.. Loll.. But am glad we've found a way out of it!! N don't be worrying as hybrid is a mix of module files of various OS's (shortlisted best basically!!) N then formed into one kickass OS!! Yep my fren, hybrids are awesome!!!!!! Just keep an eye on ur battery btw!! it'll more than surprise u!! Ohhhh did I forget mentioning, do battery pull right now several times..... For at least from 5 to 10 times.. For the hybrid OS to completely settle in to ur handset!!!!!!! It will start its wonders then!!!!!!!!
    Just in case app error comes, either do a battery pull or hit alt + shift + delete keys to restart it.. App error 603 shud be kicked out by then!!

P.s. Keep an eye out for new hybrids n new tweaking n stuff.. Its bound to get even more fierce n killer ;-)
    Happy happy blackberrians!! =D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 12:32 AM
    Quick question : did u fully wipe ur handheld before installing the new OS!?
    2. Did u do a full restore of ur data or selective restore.. Like just contacts calender n etc, nothing else.. (If ur phone was giving app error 603 already n u have a backup from the same data, there is a high chance of hitting app error 603.. So I suggest tht u restore only what is absolute necessary.. Like contacts n calender n sms n msges etc!!
    3. I link all my contacts from bbm and Fb and twitter on to my BlackBerry� contacts.. No problem there whatsoever!!
    I just suggest u to once completely wipe ur handheld using bbsak or jl cmdr or master control for bb .. Once its totally wiped, u will have no software on it basically.. Then open bbboss shrinker n hopefully uve already done the tweaking bit as to what u need and what u don't.. Launch app loader n fresh install the OS n Apps tht u need along with it.. Upon success, once the phone comes on, give it 3-4 battery pulls without switching on ur mobile network.. After tht switch on ur network n wait for the signal arrows to completely finish showing up on ur display.. Then do 3-4 battery pulls again.. By this time the OS wud settle in.. Allow 24-48 hours time to completely settle the Hybrid!!
    Now, be very careful taking a restore of ur data.. Do a selective restore (I guess this is where the major problem lies). Restore only what's v important to u.. Good luck!!

kKunal,

I already did the pull and satisfisfied with the hybrid.
    There was no error until I installed crackberry superstore apps & added a contact, linked it with blackberry messenger contact, edited the reminders on calendar (which is link to birthday date on contact).
    And guess what? App error 603 appears again on my screen after restarting.
    I pull the battery several times, but still the same.
    I suspect that the problem is with the blackberry contact. Somehow the link between the contact with the bbm n calendar causes the error.
    Hope my guess is right, so I don't need to face the app error again, although its quite dissapointing if we can't link the contact with other app.

02-06-11 04:48 AM
    Hmm.. I did fully wipe device using bbsak, and then load the hybrid OS.
    I also only restore address book, calendar and sms message data.
    Well, I'll try to follow ur step. Hopefully after this, there will be no more app error
    Thank you

Quick question : did u fully wipe ur handheld before installing the new OS!?
    2. Did u do a full restore of ur data or selective restore.. Like just contacts calender n etc, nothing else.. (If ur phone was giving app error 603 already n u have a backup from the same data, there is a high chance of hitting app error 603.. So I suggest tht u restore only what is absolute necessary.. Like contacts n calender n sms n msges etc!!
    3. I link all my contacts from bbm and Fb and twitter on to my BlackBerry� contacts.. No problem there whatsoever!!
    I just suggest u to once completely wipe ur handheld using bbsak or jl cmdr or master control for bb .. Once its totally wiped, u will have no software on it basically.. Then open bbboss shrinker n hopefully uve already done the tweaking bit as to what u need and what u don't.. Launch app loader n fresh install the OS n Apps tht u need along with it.. Upon success, once the phone comes on, give it 3-4 battery pulls without switching on ur mobile network.. After tht switch on ur network n wait for the signal arrows to completely finish showing up on ur display.. Then do 3-4 battery pulls again.. By this time the OS wud settle in.. Allow 24-48 hours time to completely settle the Hybrid!!
    Now, be very careful taking a restore of ur data.. Do a selective restore (I guess this is where the major problem lies). Restore only what's v important to u.. Good luck!!

02-06-11 07:36 AM
    Hmmm.. N easy with the apps installing initially, let it settle!!
    Which OS base version do u use!? Is it official or beta!??
    U wanna give another Hybrid a shot!!? Then check bbbluezone dot com and click on 9780 link.. There are two good Hybrids I'd recommend.. 1. Nitro V-2 Hybrid. 2. Astroboy hybrid.. I wud recommend astroboy because it has latest OS modules n bug fixes!! I hope u find luck bro!!

Hmm.. I did fully wipe device using bbsak, and then load the hybrid OS.
    I also only restore address book, calendar and sms message data.
    Well, I'll try to follow ur step. Hopefully after this, there will be no more app error
    Thank you

02-06-11 08:06 AM
    I'm using .359
    Haven't install any apps. Planning to install capture it, google maps tonight.
    Looking for some useful apps, any recommendation?
    Have u ever use memory up, battery plus n network acc? Do they really works?

Also Thanks for the hybrid recommendation. I'll try it if the error still occurs with this BDHP6.1 OS.

Hmmm.. N easy with the apps installing initially, let it settle!!
    Which OS base version do u use!? Is it official or beta!??
    U wanna give another Hybrid a shot!!? Then check bbbluezone dot com and click on 9780 link.. There are two good Hybrids I'd recommend.. 1. Nitro V-2 Hybrid. 2. Astroboy hybrid.. I wud recommend astroboy because it has latest OS modules n bug fixes!! I hope u find luck bro!!

02-07-11 10:18 AM
    heya wassup..
    ok the official .448 OS is floating around so i wud suggest u to get it.. it's official on bb site..
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FA661ED1244039

plus, i didn't know.. bdhp 6.1 is also out already.. i was using 5 previously .. then i switched to Nitro V2 and then AstroBoy v1 hybrids.. but all my instincts now tell me to get official .448 and give it a bdhp 6.1 KICKKKK!!

also, i really like these apps on my phone.. facebook chat, show me the images, dictionary, whatsapp, quicklaunch, lockapps, miRoamer radio, wattpad book reader, 3001 wisdom quotes, oanda currency converter, google maps, one touch translate, daily horoscope and facebook/twitter/myspace.. LOLL
    trust me my phone is still fast and has a lot of memory!! ;-)
    how's memory up, battery plus n network acc!?? ive not used them yet.. personally i feel the memory booster and memory up apps n all usually take up more space rather than freeing it up!! don't u think!??

I'm using .359
    Haven't install any apps. Planning to install capture it, google maps tonight.
    Looking for some useful apps, any recommendation?
    Have u ever use memory up, battery plus n network acc? Do they really works?

Also Thanks for the hybrid recommendation. I'll try it if the error still occurs with this BDHP6.1 OS.

02-13-11 08:23 AM
    p.s. LOVE Capture It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-13-11 08:24 AM
    p.s. LOVE Capture It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hallo,
    Now I'm using astroboy hybrid. And it is really great, never had the app error 603 anymore. Worry free... LOL
    Anyway, do u already use .480 plus BDHP 6.1? How is it?
    Thanks for the apps reference.. I'm using google maps, capture it, mobile checkbook, network accelerator, memorybooster, baterryplus, dictionary, whatsapp as well as other common apps like twitter, etc.
    So far, I'm quite satisfied with mobile checkbook, memorybooster. also love google maps, dictionary, whatsapp n capture it.

Btw, I see that bbbluezone is being suspended?
    Do you know where can we get news/update about the astroboy, etc?

Cheers

03-01-11 10:48 AM
    I have the same problema in my 9800. The problem is caused when i restore after using Windows Live Messenger. Any suggestion?
    03-21-11 11:44 PM
    this helped my situtation. error 603!
    thank you.
    03-20-13 11:09 AM
    Quija this error is quite easy to fix, see kkunal's post or check here for more details http://www.easynaija.com/blackberry/...rry-error-603/
    10-26-13 07:51 AM
    Experiencing app error 603 on my blackberry bold 9700 .need help
    03-21-14 01:27 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD