everytime i reboot my torch i get app error 603, then i have to wipe and set it up all over again, its really annoying...... i figure its an incompatible app but which one i have no idea...... any hits?
    11-12-10 08:31 PM
    Without knowing what apps you are using it's hard for anyone to help you. Your best bet is to wipe it and then reinstall 1 app at a time. Then after you test everything install the next app. Do this until you figure out which one is causing the error.
    11-12-10 09:38 PM
    well thats just it i dont actually wipe the device i just use jl commander and reset to factory and all is removed it the settings and the phone will boot with the apps still on it if i restore a backup and reboot boom app error 603...
    11-13-10 12:04 AM
    hmmmmmm updates when i restore my service books it crashes to app error 603 weird......

if i restore excluding that it boots successfully on every reboot..... must be legacy service books.... am running 6.0.377......
    11-13-10 12:15 AM
    Are you on the Facebook 1.9 beta version? I had the same problem with that...
    11-13-10 12:56 AM
    Are you on the Facebook 1.9 beta version? I had the same problem with that...
    ummmmm i dl 1.9 from app world..... i have not re tried it yet
    11-13-10 01:00 AM
    I have the same problem.....
    Everytime my phone needs to reboot or when battery is pulled, i get app error upon reboot.

This happened when i upgraded BBM to the newest version, whilst it was installing i was using BBM (very stupid i suppose). I figure it never installed correctly. The phone crashed and rebooted, upon rebooting it said App Error. I completely wiped the phone using Apploader and also taking the advantage of having to wipe the phone by installing the newest OS.0.0.337.

The phone works perfect, but i still have the issue with app error upon reboot. This is very annoying as i can't install apps that require reboot.

Any suggestions?
    11-13-10 08:44 AM
    I get the error but not on reboot... batt pulls and restarts run just fine. The only time I get the 603 error is when I update the OS.

I'm running OS .337 and had the FB beta, now have the new FB from app world, done a few batt pulls and no error.... just when I up update the OS, once every 3 weeks or so
    11-13-10 12:11 PM
    ok everything was fine until i added my email accounts back to my torch rebooted then boom app error 603
    11-13-10 01:49 PM
    Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    Click Start under the Update Software heading.
    The Device Password dialog appears. If the BlackBerry smartphone is password enabled, enter the password. If the BlackBerry smartphone does not have a password, leave this field empty.
    Click OK.
    If prompted with a list of Available Updates, choose the latest software version by selecting the corresponding check box and then click Next.
    Click the Settings button under the Device backup and restore options.
    Make sure that the Back up device data automatically during the installation process check box is not selected.
    Make sure that the Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check boxes are both selected.
    Click OK on the Settings dialog.
    Insert the battery into the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    In the Application Loader wizard, click Next to proceed with the loading process.
    When the process is complete, the Application Loader wizard displays the following message: The loading operation was successful.
    Insert the memory card, if applicable.
    Close the Application Loader wizard.

hope this helps!
    11-14-10 05:46 AM
    Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    Click Start under the Update Software heading.
    The Device Password dialog appears. If the BlackBerry smartphone is password enabled, enter the password. If the BlackBerry smartphone does not have a password, leave this field empty.
    Click OK.
    If prompted with a list of Available Updates, choose the latest software version by selecting the corresponding check box and then click Next.
    Click the Settings button under the Device backup and restore options.
    Make sure that the Back up device data automatically during the installation process check box is not selected.
    Make sure that the Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check boxes are both selected.
    Click OK on the Settings dialog.
    Insert the battery into the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    In the Application Loader wizard, click Next to proceed with the loading process.
    When the process is complete, the Application Loader wizard displays the following message: The loading operation was successful.
    Insert the memory card, if applicable.
    Close the Application Loader wizard.

hope this helps!
    So reload the OS with no backup? Thats all that this post is telling you to do.
    11-14-10 05:55 AM
    The problem seems to be with the fb application only!, it happened when loading a pic to fb. However the pic did get loaded! I am really debating if I should keep the
    BB Torch. I have about 20 more days to make up my mind and go to I-Phone, it seems like I-Phones have less problem with their software!! What is everyones opinion out there, this is my 2nd Torch in one week, the first one died on me at the ATT store while taking care of another issue.
    11-17-10 01:42 PM
    Hi,

Same problem from day one i have my torch. There are some reasons for this error.

Some important rules must be follow when switch from example BB 9700 to Torch.

Don't take backup from BB 9700 and do a restore to BB torch. There is a special tool in desktop manager 6.0 to switch device. You have to use this tool.
    Also don't install third party APPS from BB 9700 to Torch.

The real problem is GMAIL. Gmail has a service to backup your contacts to there servers. If the Gmail is installed true the mail setup on the BB no problem.

If the Gmail is installed van BIS .yourprovider.blackberry. and you get a red error telling you have to go in mail setup bb .... confirm etc ...
    When you receive service books and restart BB you will get APP error 603.

The only solution is removing gmail adres.
    Problem solved..!

Hans
    Belgium doctorblackberry.be
    11-23-10 05:28 AM
    I get the same "App Error 603" crash when i reboot after install Windows Live Messenger. If i uninstalll this program before reboot, i dont get the error. The problem it�s just with this App.

I really like to use Windows Live Messenger, how can i fix this problem?
    01-09-11 06:57 PM
    i am beyond SICK of having app error 603 upon every reboot..
    wondering to get the whole device replaced.. maybe since its new i can get a new one.. app error 603 sucksssss big time!!

wud there be eventually no cure for this guys!??
    01-10-11 11:04 PM
    a solid cure actually .. minus the bugs
    01-10-11 11:06 PM
    a solid cure actually .. minus the bugs
    How can i fix the problem? It's caused by Windows Live Messenger; i really want to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 11:10 PM
    I have the same problem with my Torch, but the last time my Smart-phone put the 603 Error code after restarted I resist to restore the system because I will lose the last data on the phone. After 5 or 6 time restarted nothing new occurs.
    I decide restore the phone but when i trying to connect to the smart-phone to restore without success the phone boot-up fine and i abort the restore procedure.

I don't know what was happened but we cant just restore the phone every time we restart the phone, they need put a compatibility advise on App World if one or another software is not work with one phone or another.

I hope the RIM Developer Team or Engineers Team, give us a solution for that issue ASAP.

I install on my phone the country approved device software updates, the current release it's: 6.0.0.246
    01-14-11 12:51 AM
    I also experiencing the same problem with my 9780.
    App error 603. I tried to wipe the device and reload with the OS6, but the same things happen over and over again.
    Last time after I reload the OS, I didn't restore my backup data instead I added all the BBM and phone contact manually.
    I linked my BBM contact with my Phonebook contact. I added birthday date on the phonebook and edit the alarm on the calendar for every single contact. And guess what? When I did reboot, I got the same notification: App error 603. Its really frustating!! I didn't install any program yet, just treated my 9780 as a brand new bb, but the error still the same.
    Now, it makes me afraid whenever I need to reboot my bb.
    Just don't get it, what cause the error. I'm willing to prevent it if I know why.

ay

02-02-11 10:08 AM
    Hey man!! I can understand as I've been thru this sh** a lot initially!! And boy!! Doing it all manually could really mean a lot of hard work!!
    BUT HEY GUYS, FRET NOT! NOW THERE'S A SOLUTION TO EVERYTHING .. U JUST GOTTA BE A LITTLE PATIENT IN SEARCHING AND NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY!!

The base OS tht comes with the phone seems to have some bug.. What u do is, download a new OS.. Prolly .359 or whtever is available.. And even if its the base, there is definitely an alternative!! Be on the lookout as .443 or .448 something is on the anvil, abt to be offficially released.. I'm not sure but its version # may vary!!

Step 2...... U gotta make ur phone a "Hybrid" seach here in the general forum.. "Hybrid 5.0"
    It is a universal "add-on" file to the OS that u will install on ur PC.. When u reach the BDHP 5.0 (best damn hybrids, period!) Search.. Just download it.. It will be some between 11 & 14 MB.. Basically u need to extract this hybrid into ur OS folder on ur PC.. C:, program files, common files, rim, shared folder, and just over there locate ur folder 9780 n that's ur destination path!! (Make sure u have already installed the OS tht u may have already downloaded before..
    Now once u mix the Hybrid files.. It will open the BDHP app and there u can do a lot of tweaking .. Like whatever u need and discard whatever u don't need.. U can actually also discard a lot of files that normally u can't do from ur regular installation of the OS!! For e.g. Voice dialing, if u don't use it, why keep it! Might as well free ur phone for more memory n better n faster performance.. So basically "checkmark" whatever u DON'T require!! N launch from files, "app loader"
    P.s. Make sure u have already deleted the vendor.xml file from the app loade folder.. C: , program files, common files, rim, app loader..
    Moving on, after uve done the tweaking and launch app loader, jus go ahead and install the new software.. Before doing all this, make sure uve taken ur back up!! N then "wipe" ur handheld using "bbsak or jlcmdr or vnbbutils or whtever u use for ur BlackBerry� !!
    Once u install ur hybrid.. U will notice sucha huge change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TODAY I DOWNLOAD AN NUMBER OF THEMES AND SOFTWARES N BETA VERSIONS OR WHATEVER.. ITS JUST TOO GOOD MAN!!! NEVER GOES ON APP ERROR 603
    | ) / )
    | | / /
    | |/ /__
    | ) P̅Έ�ČΈ
    | / P̅Έ�ČΈ
    ) / P̅Έ�ČΈ

P.s. I'm using a Nitro Hybrid 2.0 today!! If u guys wanna look out for more hybrids, then try on search the nitro hybrid 9780 ;-) there u don't need to tweak any of ur OS whatsover.. Its already tweaked and is a proper hybrid.. The benefits of a Hybrid are many!! To start off with, amazing battery boost with no leaks!! Universal compatibility!! Need I say more!?? But there's still more.. Trust me folks!! Good luck!!

I also experiencing the same problem with my 9780.
    App error 603. I tried to wipe the device and reload with the OS6, but the same things happen over and over again.
    Last time after I reload the OS, I didn't restore my backup data instead I added all the BBM and phone contact manually.
    I linked my BBM contact with my Phonebook contact. I added birthday date on the phonebook and edit the alarm on the calendar for every single contact. And guess what? When I did reboot, I got the same notification: App error 603. Its really frustating!! I didn't install any program yet, just treated my 9780 as a brand new bb, but the error still the same.
    Now, it makes me afraid whenever I need to reboot my bb.
    Just don't get it, what cause the error. I'm willing to prevent it if I know why.

ay

02-02-11 10:28 AM
    Try getting hybrids or software from bbbluezone dot com

02-02-11 10:34 AM
    Hi Kkunal, thank you for your solution. Will try it soon.
    Btw, after installing the BDHP OS, can I restore my backup data? (In my previous restore it cause the app error 603 -> this is the backup from my manual contact addition)
    If I add gmail address will it be fine too? Coz earlier said that gmail also one of the cause.

Try getting hybrids or software from bbbluezone dot com

02-02-11 06:17 PM
    Yes I know what u're talking about and even I use my gmail account all the time.. No problem with tht at all..
    And after BDHP install, do a selective restore.. Tht'll be much better.. I do my restore of contacts, calender, sms textx n reulgar msges, and save msges!! Bbm groups n stuff.. But I touch only my user files basically.. Except for sound n profiles, tht I also restore as having to set every sound for all the apps internal n external both again cud be ughh, not happenin!!
    Just do a selective restore this one time!! N enjoy ur phone!!

Hi Kkunal, thank you for your solution. Will try it soon.
    Btw, after installing the BDHP OS, can I restore my backup data? (In my previous restore it cause the app error 603 -> this is the backup from my manual contact addition)
    If I add gmail address will it be fine too? Coz earlier said that gmail also one of the cause.

02-02-11 07:56 PM
    Hi Kkunal,

Great news, I did according to ur suggestion.. Installed hybrid OS (BDHP) and restored all my contacts n calendar.. I did pull the battery and it is error free now, and hopefully will always works well.. LOL.
    Now, I just need to re-add the gmail address, and do a pull battery.. (Cross finger!)

Thank you very much for sharing us the knowledge.

Yes I know what u're talking about and even I use my gmail account all the time.. No problem with tht at all..
    And after BDHP install, do a selective restore.. Tht'll be much better.. I do my restore of contacts, calender, sms textx n reulgar msges, and save msges!! Bbm groups n stuff.. But I touch only my user files basically.. Except for sound n profiles, tht I also restore as having to set every sound for all the apps internal n external both again cud be ughh, not happenin!!
    Just do a selective restore this one time!! N enjoy ur phone!!

02-03-11 12:18 PM
    U're welcome sharky
    I can imagine this error to be a real terror!! Grrrrrr.. Loll.. But am glad we've found a way out of it!! N don't be worrying as hybrid is a mix of module files of various OS's (shortlisted best basically!!) N then formed into one kickass OS!! Yep my fren, hybrids are awesome!!!!!! Just keep an eye on ur battery btw!! it'll more than surprise u!! Ohhhh did I forget mentioning, do battery pull right now several times..... For at least from 5 to 10 times.. For the hybrid OS to completely settle in to ur handset!!!!!!! It will start its wonders then!!!!!!!!
    Just in case app error comes, either do a battery pull or hit alt + shift + delete keys to restart it.. App error 603 shud be kicked out by then!!

P.s. Keep an eye out for new hybrids n new tweaking n stuff.. Its bound to get even more fierce n killer ;-)
    Happy happy blackberrians!! =D

Hi Kkunal,

Great news, I did according to ur suggestion.. Installed hybrid OS (BDHP) and restored all my contacts n calendar.. I did pull the battery and it is error free now, and hopefully will always works well.. LOL.
    Now, I just need to re-add the gmail address, and do a pull battery.. (Cross finger!)

Thank you very much for sharing us the knowledge.

02-03-11 12:25 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD