Wow, glad to hear everything is even better than before.

This was a tough one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 12:06 PM
    Bad news guys. I got the new sim, everything was working fine, but my myfaves application was missing. I got on chat with tmobile and had them push the myfaves app out to me, and boom, app error 523. I go to a tmobile store, and all they pretty much tell me to do is reload the old software on it. I want to use the 4.5 software for the browser. I decided to buy a new curve because I need a phone. I put my new sim card in the new curve, and it immediately gets app error 523 half way through the device setup. The guy at the counter says it must be the sim card. He sets me up with a new sim card, and still the problem persists. I did end up not buying the curve because of this...so I just have my bricked 8820. I am scared to even stick with blackberry after all of this....but I love my blackberry so much. I don't want to go back to windows mobile. The tech support lady I am on the phone with now is transferring me to RIM. Let's see what they say.
    05-14-09 08:58 PM
    Apparently they are having issues with myfaves and 8900's. I really think this is a tmobile problem. Do you guys ever have issues even remotely as bad as this with other carriers? Should I switch to AT&T or Verizon?
    05-14-09 09:01 PM
    Apparently they are having issues with myfaves and 8900's. I really think this is a tmobile problem. Do you guys ever have issues even remotely as bad as this with other carriers? Should I switch to AT&T or Verizon?
    Sorry to hear your ordeal is not over.

If you can get T-Mo to give you the unlock code for the 8320 you should be able to use it on AT&T without having to purchase new equipment.
    05-14-09 09:12 PM
    If you go the unlock your T-Mo BB and go to AT&T route you may need the info in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/res...-453-a-227853/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 10:06 PM
    The guy at RIM thinks I have corrupt address entries, or corrupt information on my sim card. I have to go to the store in the morning again, and get a brand new sim card, without transferring any of my data over to the new one from the old, and hopefully this nightmare will be over.
    05-14-09 10:25 PM
    Okay, so after several days, and several, several calls to Tmobile, I now have a new Blackberry Curve on the way, and a brand new sim card. The person I spoke with at RIM thinks that I have something corrupt in my sim card, like an address entry. I wasn't convinced by this, but the Tmobile support is sending me a new sim card with this phone, and I have to call to have it activated. The one thing I can say is my phone works without my sim card in it, and it was working fine after another install until I imported my sim phonebook into it today. I am going to go to a tmobile store on my lunch break and see if I can get a new sim, but this time not have anything copied to it. I did a reinstall last night in hopes that I was going to go to the tmobile store, get a new sim card this morning, with no information transferred over to it, and that would fix my problem. I ended up calling tmobile instead, and they gave me a discount on a new curve. I did some further research, and I found some things in some message boards that led me to believe that maybe there was just something wrong with my tmobile account in general. I don't know how in the world my account could affect phone software, but just in case, I had them close my old account, and start me a new line, and a new account. I am so worried that I am going to get this new blackberry, I am going to call and have the sim card activated, and then I am going to put it in and bam, app error 523. Can anyone help assuage this worry for me? When I call to activate this new sim card, is there a possibility that whatever is corrupt on my current sim card can get tranferred over to it just by calling them and having them associate the sim card with my account? A customer service rep told me that when they activate a sim card, all that is put on it is my phone number, and my features. Is this correct? I am scared to even stay with blackberry now....I don't want to switch to windows mobile, but this nightmare has made me think twice about staying with Blackberry. Seeing all that I have been through, would anyone agree that maybe my sim card had something corrupt in it? Does anyone think this new 8320 I am getting will have any issues with a new sim card? Is the only way to transfer information to a sim card via a machine? Am I worrying for nothing? Could it be possible to have corrupted something in my sim card by switching to several different phones over the past 6 months? I have gone from a curve, to tmobile wing (windows mobile), to a tmobile dash (windows mobile), to a G1 (android), back to a blackberry 8820 which is the problem phone. In between these different phones, I have added people to my address book, and I save all of my phone numbers on my sim card. What I don't get is my sim card worked fine in the blackberry with the 4.2 OS, and my sim card works fine in a Windows Mobile phone ( I have my sim card in a Wing (windows mobile phone) right now while I wait on my new phone). Why am I only having these issues with the 4.5 os? Is it coincidence, and I may have eventually had issues with 4.2?
    05-15-09 04:13 PM
    Sounds a little odd that you are only having problems with the 4.5 OS. There must be something that RIM needs to address in the 4.5 code, especially since there are no problems in the WinMo phones.

You'll just have to see if the new sim card with no contacts on it solves the problem.
    05-15-09 04:31 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD