Even though I've deleted several apps/themes in the interest of freeing up memory, more often than not I get "App Error 523" after a battery pull or a reset. Has anyone else seen this error? What causes it and how do you get rid of it?
    07-12-09 11:39 AM
    Its an app database error caused by either a new app you have on your device or a theme.
    1. Take the battery out and put it back in after 30 seconds or so
    2. While the device is rebooting (or while the hourglass is still spinning), plug it into the PC
    3. Then open the application loader and remove the 3rd-party application that's causing the issue
    4. Worst-case is when you need to wipe the device using JL_Cmder
    07-12-09 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the help on this, rlp32. I have no idea which app might be causing the problem. Does plugging it in while the hourglass is spinning and opening the application loader identify the culprit?
    07-12-09 01:12 PM
    No it wont. If you can remember what the last app that you installed before getting the issue then you have a good starting point to work with. Me, I would run the apploader and remove all the third party apps and put them back one at a time to find out exactly which one it is. Something isnt starting up properly on the reboot.
    07-12-09 01:20 PM
    If you delete all of your third-party apps, what's the simplest way of reinstalling them?
    07-12-09 01:32 PM
    Depends. on how you installed the app. OTA you would just download it again using your blackberry browser. If you had to download it using the pc then you more than likely still have it. I would suggest doing a third party backup of all your apps. Instruction here.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    Once you have done this you can create a new folder and call it something like "removed apps" or something of that sort. Then remove the apps from the backup folder you just made. Now start putting them back one at a time. Plus having this third party app will help you in case you decide to do an OS upgrade or downgrade. Also do a regular backup of your device too.
    07-12-09 01:47 PM
    i recently had a app error 523 and it turned out that i had a bad SIM card, (i also noticed before it popped up i had small edge) new sim and have not had it since > also im on t-mo not sure about verizon
    07-12-09 03:29 PM
    Verizon doesnt use sim cards, they are a CDMA network. Normally the bad sim card issue people get sos for signal. Not saying the lower case edge didnt have anything to do with it.
    07-12-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD