So... I thought I could upgrade my 9530 from 4.7.0.151 to 5.0.0.230. I downloaded .191 and removed the 5.0 Rim Tools etc. folder. Then I ran the .230 exe file and finally removed the vendor.xml file. I began to run the update and Desktop Manager got to step 10/11 while I had the BlackBerry loading screen on the phone. All of a sudden then the phone went black and gave me an "App Error 523." What exactly does this mean please and could someone help? Thank you!
    09-25-09 02:04 AM
    So to add to this, I decided to do a battery pull because I figured it was bricked, what could be the worst that could happen right? Well the phone started right up running .230. I'm not sure what happened, but I think everything is well. Regardless, maybe someone could explain what happened, please?
    09-25-09 02:18 AM
    I did a simple search for 'app error 523' and I am guessing that step 10 was the restore step? Sounds like some app that was getting reinstalled may have been corrupt and or not compatible with the OS you installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 09:04 AM
    I did a simple search for 'app error 523' and I am guessing that step 10 was the restore step? Sounds like some app that was getting reinstalled may have been corrupt and or not compatible with the OS you installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha, thank you for not being caustic in your reply! It was late last night and while I tried a search, my panic made me less than patient. Thank you for the answer though! I reloaded everything and left out the majority of my apps so hopefully that will work. Thank you for your advice!
    09-25-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD