Hi there, I'm new to blackberries in general. Just bought a Tour about 3 hours ago, and I was in the facebook app, when all of a sudden the screen goes white and says "app error 523". Now it won't even boot. I just get a small clock thing with the dial going around in circles.

I havent even hooked this thing up to my computer yet. Whats going on?
    07-20-09 06:40 PM
    First and foremost, the tour, like any other BB, takes FOREVER to boot, have patience.

That being said, if it doesn't boot after 5 minutes, and you don't see a blue progress bar at the bottom, pull the battery and hold the back button while it's starting up to boot into safe mode.
    07-20-09 06:46 PM
    First and foremost, the tour, like any other BB, takes FOREVER to boot, have patience.

That being said, if it doesn't boot after 5 minutes, and you don't see a blue progress bar at the bottom, pull the battery and hold the back button while it's starting up to boot into safe mode.
    No, it doesnt boot at all. No verizon logo. Nothing except a square spinning clock on a white background. Seriously, i've had this device not 4 hours and its busted already?

tried getting into safe mode. couldn't. the thing wont respond to any inputs. the only way i can shut it down is by pulling the battery.
    Last edited by hrez; 07-20-09 at 06:55 PM.
    07-20-09 06:50 PM
    How long does it stay white with the clock? Mine takes about 5 mins for the status bar to even show lol. Heck even my storm reboots faster than my tour lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD