phone freezes up here and there with App error 523...anyone? the phone is just sitting around not in use, I pick it up and app error 523...???
    12-29-08 10:38 PM
    Same here, only happened once a few hours after i updated to .85, but I haven't come across it since. I am just curious if anyone knows what might cause it, that's all.
    12-29-08 10:46 PM
    I got the same thing last night. Did a battery pull and haven't seen it since. My phone was sitting idle at my desk at work when it happened too. Strange !
    12-29-08 10:59 PM
    If you truly want to rid your device of this error code this is your best bet. Now if you're new to BlackBerry's you need to be careful and follow the instructions step by step!!

First, I hope you have backed up lately. If not, pull the battery a couple of times, and get the device working, then Plug in to computer via Mini USB>Open DM>Backup/Restore>and back up the device.

Second, follow this guide if you have 3rd party applications you don't want to lose--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

Third, follow this guide--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

After that, Plug in device>Open DM>Add/Remove>and install the OS. After thats done>Return to DM's main menu>Backup/restore>Restore.

Then follow this instructions on how to restore 3rd party apps from the guide.
    12-29-08 11:21 PM
    If you truly want to rid your device of this error code this is your best bet. Now if you're new to BlackBerry's you need to be careful and follow the instructions step by step!!

First, I hope you have backed up lately. If not, pull the battery a couple of times, and get the device working, then Plug in to computer via Mini USB>Open DM>Backup/Restore>and back up the device.

Second, follow this guide if you have 3rd party applications you don't want to lose--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

Third, follow this guide--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

After that, Plug in device>Open DM>Add/Remove>and install the OS. After thats done>Return to DM's main menu>Backup/restore>Restore.

Then follow this instructions on how to restore 3rd party apps from the guide.
    First off I am new to BBs and have a few questions about this procedure. Will I brick my phone if I do it wrong? What is actually causing this code? I had this code in .75 and .85...strange? and I have done a wipe twice already, still getting the code every now and again...???
    12-29-08 11:33 PM
    First off I am new to BBs and have a few questions about this procedure. Will I brick my phone if I do it wrong? What is actually causing this code? I had this code in .75 and .85...strange? and I have done a wipe twice already, still getting the code every now and again...???
    First off, you can brick your phone upgrading anytime any place with any OS. If you've wiped the device before you know what to expect. The 523 error is caused by a application.
    12-29-08 11:35 PM
    the same thing happen to me after upgrading to .85 but I pulled the battery and problem solved, now it's been 3 days after the upgrade and no issues at all.
    12-30-08 09:54 AM
    I got this error constantly until I deleted thestreet app. I was thinking maybe it was caused by 2 apps trying to update themselves at the same time?
    12-30-08 10:07 AM
    what the he|| how come when i made a thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...device-125239/

and i mentioned i was having this issue constantly, i was made to feel like the ugly duckling?

Apparently a lot of people are having this issue, but nobody that posted in my 3 page thread lol

PS, i have wiped many times, and i have even gotten it before i installed a single 3rd party app.
    12-30-08 10:10 AM
    that problem made me downgrade to .75 and wait for more opinions on upgrades before i jump the gun. waiting to see what people have to say about .85
    12-30-08 11:54 AM
    I just got it the second time. The first time I was sleeping and the phone was on the cradle. Now I was on the phone and it happened. The phone still worked but I couldn't do anything else. I am guessing this is a problem with .85 as no apps were opened while I was on the phone except the default ones.
    12-31-08 01:29 AM
    I just got it the second time. The first time I was sleeping and the phone was on the cradle. Now I was on the phone and it happened. The phone still worked but I couldn't do anything else. I am guessing this is a problem with .85 as no apps were opened while I was on the phone except the default ones.
    i have had it happen on other OS's
    12-31-08 07:47 AM
    got a new replacement and i got this error. Never happened before on the other phone though.

It came up when i put it to sleep in the holster.
    12-31-08 12:24 PM
    I, too, have received this error - first time this morning to be exact. I can't say what my phone was doing prior to receiving the error because I woke up to it like this. I really hope VZW & RIM get this OS running rock solid because I'm in love with this phone.....
    01-02-09 01:18 PM
    Hmm, never heard of that one... I have only seen app error 200 for me!
    01-02-09 01:37 PM
    I, too, have received this error - first time this morning to be exact. I can't say what my phone was doing prior to receiving the error because I woke up to it like this. I really hope VZW & RIM get this OS running rock solid because I'm in love with this phone.....
    i dont think its action specific. i have been doing various things and seen it. in middle of posting, wake up and its there, pull out of pocket its there, skiming through emails

not predictable
    01-02-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD