ok, so i tried upgrading to the new OS for sprint and it didnt update right.. now i keep getting "app error 205"

it keeps giving me an option to reset but still does not work!!

how do i fix this problem???
    10-12-09 01:09 PM
    Having the exact same problem. I opened Desktop Manager and it automatically checked to see if updates were available. They were, so I said go ahead and install. After a lengthy install time, it eventually displayed "a fatal error has occurred" on Desktop Manager. After unplugging my phone from my PC, it rebooted by itself and is now stuck on the App error 205: Reset: loop. I have tried pulling the battery and I have tried hold the back button while installing the battery. Both do nothing. HELP!

EDIT: I have also tried this trick:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    And I CAN catch it before it automatically disconnects from my PC, however the loader says that Desktop Manager does not have any software for the device I have connected.

EDIT: FIXED!
    I used this link
    View Document
    Open desktop manager and click on application loader. Then connected your phone and QUICKLY select the USB:UNKNOWN port before the phone disconnects. It offered me two OS choices, one preferred and one downgrade. I tried the preferred first, however eventually got back to the EXACT same error I first received and phone acted the same way. So I went through it again and this time selected the downgrade. Walk through the steps it tells you. Make sure you select all the applications to install such as BBM and games. (They were all unselected by default for me) It will start by "downloading modules". During this time my phone disconnected by itself. Just unplug it. It won't stay connected long enough while they are downloading. The update will error out because your phone is not connected. But you just start over. Click application loader, then the downgraded firmware, etc EXCEPT this time it will not need to download modules again. It will quickly stay connected with your phone and start installing the modules it downloaded in the previous attempt. Now you can reinstall your battery and cover. The phone will reboot/connect/disconnect about 5-6 times during the update. The final reboot is the long one. Took a solid 10 minutes. But then the phone will show the agreement message as if it was fresh out of the box.

Also note that everything was wiped. So I connected it to BBDM again to restore via a backfile I created a month ago. Again, it tells me updates are available. DO NOT install them again! lol
    Last edited by firebirdude; 10-21-09 at 08:24 AM.
    10-21-09 07:13 AM
    First wipe the device using Jl_Cmdr ( http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/ ), then try using this technique for app loader instead of Desktop Manager How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    10-21-09 08:02 AM
    Can you please give me a link to software? The deal is I had same situation with my 8822 but did not back up my phone any time before! I know it is stupid. I am not expirienced with smartphones so it worked for me onley 2 hours and then I can see only "app error 205... reset" Please help!
    11-20-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD