Hi all,

Just joined crackberry seeing as it looks as though everyone comes here for help, and finds it! ...I am a complete newbie to BB, I have been an iPhone ***** the past few years and decided to make the switch. I have had my white 9780 for under a month -.- ...I JUST got the 606 error which I cannot get past.

In layman's terms, and I stress, in LAYMAN'S terms how do I get this sorted?

Please help!
    01-19-11 03:44 PM
    You need to reload your Operating System.

Full instructions are here... BlackBerry 101 - How to reload your OS on a nuked BlackBerry
    mer0vingian likes this.
    01-19-11 04:23 PM
    Cheers mate! Ok, so not being the most BB literate person the step by step walkthrough seems simple enough. It might be worth mentioning that I purchased the BB in the UK, and got it unlocked...So to get the latest OS 6 software I go to...?
    01-19-11 09:37 PM
    So to get the latest OS 6 software I go to...?
    ...you go to the sticky at the top of the page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mer0vingian likes this.
    01-19-11 11:51 PM
    Ok excellent, just installing the actual OS on to machine...Correct move? ...and then follow the steps in the YouTube video? So I should be set and everything restored? I'm currently abroad, but the phone itself was a locked T-mobile handset. Will any of that be affected?
    01-20-11 01:14 AM
    Ok I'm not the most BB literate person but I know how to use a computer -_- ...There isn't this 'loader' file on my laptop it seems...The program files(x86) is where there is the Research in Motion folder, within which there is no apploader. I have a bunch of blackberry desktop manager files...

:S I am so baffled, and I really need my phone back to working order. Thanks in advance for all the help!!!
    01-20-11 01:25 AM
    I really am a n00b. I managed to do the entire reboot, thanks a lot Phill and thanks to the Crackberry team for the walk through guide! It does seem however that it's not being recognised on my current phone network - I am concerned that this means its locked again?
    01-20-11 01:54 AM
    Hi Guys'n Gals....

I have joined this forum coz you've just saved my ilfe!
    Wifey got a Bilberry 9780 about 6 weeks go and loves it to bits -but it froze yesterday with an apperror 606 - I gather this is famous?
    However, she's been doing all sorts of IM, Web, Faceblast, etc .- totally dead! Couldn't re-boot or anything.....

I've followed this and the advice on other threads on this superb forum (most of which involve BB Desktop manager) and we now have OS reloaded and device is working again. (I can get some sleep now...)

I have to add that I have a work/business BB Bold 9000 that has worked pretty-much flawlessly for well over 2 years (1 battery, a couple of soft-resets) and for work email, phone, txt and SMS/BBM, and it has been pretty much flawless - does the business (which is all I require) so I am a BB advocate. Web surfing is not a strong area for the BB.

I just wish that the service providers who sell these devices would offer the support that this forum does.... life would be a lot simpler!!

Cheers & many thanks (P.S. I found you via Googling Blackberry 9780 error 606) - and BTW I have just ordered a desktop charging stand - not essential, but very useful and well worth the few extra $/

Thanks again to all - if anyone wants to re-load the links - please feel free
    Tim
    03-07-11 05:12 PM
    My 6-month-old Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Bold had the same issue.. App Error 606.. which means all of the data on your phone has been wiped clean. In my case, Blackberry helped me reload the operating system, but it failed again. I tried to get a new one from a Verizon store but was told that Verizon has a new policy to ship the replacement phone to you. They would not give me a new one in the store even though mine was within warranty. I told them after 10 years with Verizon that I was switching to AT&T. Why would they not offer me a new phone in the store but ship me one by mail? Probably because it's refurbished. Ridiculous!
    05-18-11 12:49 AM
    Hey guys, I'm new to this but have joined because I'm having the same problem. I'm currently working my way through the video, however when I get to the part where I plug my BlackBerry in without the battery it recognises it, I click next, put in my password and then it doesn't come up with my device application selection doesn't pop up, instead I get "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." Help!
    09-18-11 03:07 PM
    Im having trouble with my bold 9900. I have had it for 2 weeks and up until now, i loved it!! All of a sudden yesterday it shut off then a white screen showed up saying app error 606..
    I have been researching for like 6 hours, and finally I found how to restore it but when it comes up where you have to click on USB pin unknown, my pin shows up and it wont work after that......

Can someone please help me out
    01-21-12 02:13 PM
    it keeps saying: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.
    01-21-12 02:27 PM
    I'm having this issue but using a Mac computer, any advice?
    03-06-12 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD