My curve has the message App Err 523 and Reset on the screen. I have tried to reset it with alt caps and del buttons and still no change. I have also switched it off, took out the battery and the sim card and still no luck. Please help. I hear this is common amongst blackberry devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 06:58 AM
    I've had that error before being out of my service area. I needed to be in 3g and I was in 1x. I was on vacation so it was awful not to have a phone. I was really upset at the time since I was new to blackberry and was considering returning it because that was the third problem I had with my new (at the time) storm. You can tell if this is your problem by rebooting and then as soon as possible click the manage connections icon and shut all connections off. If your phone stays on then you know that is your problem. Simply shut down I until you are in a home service area then reboot. I was able to turn on my connections to receive texts for a min then turn it off I until my vacation was over, then when I got into a home area I rebooted and all was fine.
    05-13-10 07:37 AM
    I was using vz navigator when the error originally started. Hope this helps. If you have access to a computer- I didn't since I was on vacation you can fix the problem by restoring from DM.
    05-13-10 07:41 AM
    Quick Fix for Error 523
    Go into Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Common Files. Look for Research in motion. Open the folder, look for the app folder, then look for “AppLoader” the application file. Open that up and connect your phone to your computer, let it load up all the stuff. It will bring up all your downloaded applications so 'uncheck this theme or app that you were trying to download when this occured and remove it'. Your phone should turn back on without losing any info.
    BTW...This has happened to me many times.
    Last edited by wendyb5724; 05-13-10 at 08:18 AM.
    05-13-10 08:15 AM
    Hi guys, no luck on the above solutions. Phone is still requesting me to reset it. I deleted some applications and restored the phone, but it still wants to be reset.
    05-17-10 03:01 AM
    Hi guys, no luck on the above solutions. Phone is still requesting me to reset it. I deleted some applications and restored the phone, but it still wants to be reset.
    Not sure how long you have had your bb but go back to your service provider and get a replacement.
    05-17-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD