ok i did a search and maybe i just worded it wrong but i got some apps from verizon that i really dont want on my phone and i cant delete them on the phone or using dm. the apps are face book, flicker, vzw tones, v cast songs, and slacker. is there a way to erase these cause i never use this and i rather have the space for apps that i would likely use. thanks in advance.
    07-28-09 07:01 PM
    Hilite icon>menu>hide is what most do. They're not full apps.
    07-28-09 07:07 PM
    Check if they are in Option=>advanced options=>applications. if they are click the BB menu and delete. if they arent then it is just the icon to download them and you cant do anything but hide them. they are apps that are pushed to your phone by VZW.
    07-28-09 07:09 PM
    The apps you mentioned are pushed apps received via the service books. You cannot delete them unless you delete the books pertaining to them individually, however if you reregister your phone with the network they will return. Transfigured had it right. Just hide and forget about them. They are only link shortcuts that take you to the download page to download them, nothing more. Hopefully this helps.
    07-28-09 07:40 PM
    sorry it took so long to reply but my laptop took a crap and im in the process of repairing it and my storm is to slow so i get mad. i only have one question, do these apps take up application space? like does it take up memory space preventing me like one less app cause of it being on my phone?
    08-05-09 05:06 PM
    No, they are not installed on the phone, they are just "launchers" (iconic representation of a link) that connect you to the application download web page. The icons themselves are about 2kb in size. I suppose if Verizon pushes 1,000 of them out you will start to feel the memory pinch ...
    08-06-09 12:27 AM
    cool just checking
    08-06-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD