I love Blackberry, love my physcial keyboard, love BBM/calendar sharing. I've had 5 devices in 7 years and I don't see myself jumping ship. However what's driving me nuttier than anything else right now is the lack of apps for Blackberries. Okay, wait, this has always driven me nuts.

Yesterday, my co-worker pulled out her iPhone and ordered Chipolte on an app and we skipped a 25 min lunch line wait. Walked right up to the counter and got our paid for order. Just an example. Ditto for reserving movies on Redbox she says. Excuse me, that's not a toy-- that's prductivity. I have 3 kids and all around I see my pharmacy has an iPhone app for stuff--all kinds of things for making my "errands" much quicker.

I remain loyal but come on and help me out here BB. When can I use my Blackberry to reserve a spot in line at the DMV? (yes, there's an iPhone app for that in my county)
    08-19-11 06:31 PM
    I have the Chipotle app, it is really cool(my friend was the top user of that app in the nation - not that that's cool, just a random fact).

The whole argument about apps on the iPhone being useless, a bunch of games or "fart apps," is basically a last hope argument; "yeah well the App Store has almost half a million apps," / "whatever, it's just a bunch of fart apps. Nobody needs that stuff." If it were true that the App Store was literally filled with 425,000 games then it would be a decent argument, but the truth is that there are tens of thousands of apps that can and will help make your life easier.

I know this isn't the point of your post, but it seems to be a common misconception that all apps that aren't on BlackBerry are not conducive to productivity - and yes, I am aware this is a BlackBerry-loving site, I'm just saying.

Hopefully QNX will attract a lot of good developers.
    08-19-11 06:48 PM
    I was one of those people who used to be and say, who cares about apps, but since coming back to Android I can't seem to stop downloading. Stuff, rather pointless or not the options are endless. I almost can say for me to come back then app World needs to really grow.

I can't tell you many apparently have my 4g that much more productive.

Still love bb and want them to succedd. I may even rock both a bbs and android one day.....just because, haha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BoldtotheMax; 08-19-11 at 09:30 PM.
    08-19-11 07:38 PM
    I agree. Apps can extend functionality in ways that are fairly easy to see by those who want to see it.
    08-19-11 07:56 PM
    Apparently (lol) my smartphone keyboard isn't so productive after all with my last butchered post, haha!

One thing I truely do miss is my BB KB.....

08-19-11 09:34 PM
    I don't need a DMV app since I do online registration and license renewals. People at the DMV smell bad.

08-19-11 09:57 PM
    I just don't think BB can continue to compete while other platforms offer pretty tempting functionality. Like I said, I'm by no means leaving because I hate typing on touchscreens and I love my shared calendar thru BB groups etc. I also find droid's security questionable. But, given a couple of years....I can't say for sure if I'm willing to watch the world pass me by paying for stuff with their phones doing all this "WOW" stuff when I still can't even get a 4G version of a BB (come on) on any carrier. Why?

08-19-11 11:22 PM
    Nothing is wrong with Android security that being a prudent user can't fix. Even RIM doesn't push the "security" line too much.

Just my opinion.
    08-19-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD