I had this same problem on my Curve that I now have with the Tour. When texting, I end up hitting the trackball mostly when I type a "Y", and it moves the y to the end of my sentence. It's very annoying, and happens even if I'm texting at a slower rate. Apparently there is no option to disable it when typing, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of an app that could do this? I really wish they would add an option to do it, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this accidentally. Thanks!
    12-09-09 06:46 PM
    Not gonna happen, because you would have to modify the native apps, not to mention imagine if the trackball didn't get re-enabled (doesn't matter because they wouldn't let you do it in the first place).

Knowing RIMs api restrictions, good luck with that.
    12-09-09 07:01 PM
    i have the same problem. all you can do is be extra careful - keep your eyes up and your thumbs down
    12-09-09 07:09 PM
    Ironic - so many people want to enable the Tour's trackball!!!!
    12-09-09 09:37 PM
    Ironic - so many people want to enable the Tour's trackball!!!!
    LOL good one!

Jeez you guys must have gargantuan fingers to be hitting the trackball when typing. Unless you type with the flats of your fingers instead of the tips and hit the tops of the keys! I never had this problem once and have average size fingers.
    12-10-09 04:15 AM
    I doubt they would disable it, since you can use the trackball for alternate characters while typing.
    12-10-09 07:29 AM
    I was just going to say, this will never ever happen. Watch your thumbs!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD