Maybe CX or someone who really knows could answer this..... Is the Storm 2 going to work with apps developed for the Storm 1? I expect the pending release of the new phone will basically halt any further app development (as if it hasn't already) for the Storm 1 due to the different input method being let out of the bag.

I think getting specs out on the new Storm is a huge issue at this point in time. If I were a developer, I would halt any current projects until I found out what code revisions are going to be needed to support the new platform. If the new device will will interpret input the same as the old device, then OK. However the longer this is an unknown, the fewer apps we will see being released until the new phone comes out and that could be several months.

If the new Storm doesn't work with Storm 1 apps, I am going to be that much more disappointed because my 2 yr. commitment just lost a whole lot of value due to a serious lack of 3rd party apps.

Just my thoughts...
    05-21-09 08:13 PM
    hmmmm great point!!!
    05-22-09 11:10 AM
    I'm on hold on buying new App's for my Storm because some people might scrap them when the Duo comes out or might not support it... Yes I bet it will be a only a select few but just my luck I'll frickin buy one..

The lack of info and the so called "leaked" info drives me nuts.. All the leaked stuff is from RIM either used to create viral advertising or they really suck at keeping things under wraps.. So why don't they just do some Marketing that way the correct info is out there
    05-22-09 11:20 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing, how will they maintain compatibility between Storm 1 <==> Storm 2 apps? If they simply remove the differentiation in the api for click and tap touchevents I can see that causing problems with apps that use tap and click to do different things.

Really, I just hope they take their time this iteration, and maybe get some sort of 3d api working?
    05-23-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD