I rely on custom sounds assigned to certain contacts to determine if phone calls or messages require immediate attention. Is there an app that will allow me to customize the audible SMS/MMS alerts for certain contacts as well? I have looked at BeBuzz but it appears that the app only handles LED settings.
    03-03-11 04:40 PM
    You have a torch, the profiles in OS6 can do this natively. No need for an app.
    03-03-11 05:41 PM
    I have been searching for quite some time but can't unearth instructions on using custom profiles for OS 6. Please, someone point me in the right direction ... its been one of those days.
    03-03-11 08:13 PM
    I kept googling last night and stumbled on the answer. All I had to do was take out all punctuation and spaces in the numbers in each contact. So far, my custom alerts are working as intended. Yay!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 05:44 AM
    I rely on custom sounds assigned to certain contacts to determine if phone calls or messages require immediate attention. Is there an app that will allow me to customize the audible SMS/MMS alerts for certain contacts as well? I have looked at BeBuzz but it appears that the app only handles LED settings.
    Actually BeBuzz has this it's probably under Expert Mode...Dig a little harder and you'll find what you're looking for.
    03-09-12 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD