Has the world of cell phones gone app crazy? My tour which I consider a fantastic messaging device has the following apps installed (in order of importance to me): Google Voice for free calls and text, Google Maps for locating addresses, BeWeather Free for weather, and AP Mobile for news. That's it!

I use BBM a lot but don't really consider it a third party app. If I'm missing out on something please chime in and give me your recommendations. As for right now I just don't understand the fascination with all these apps on a phone/messaging device. Did I miss something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 12:52 AM
    I guess for some it is a play toy for me it is a tool to get work done with a little play time. I don't need a million apps just the ones to get done what I need done. I use poynt the most and google voice quite often but other wise just the device itself.

06-26-10 06:52 AM
    Yep, guess it's a personal thing. I have quicklaunch, google voice and bebuzz. Use bbmaps.
    06-26-10 07:29 AM
    Only apps I have are BerryWeather, a world wide soccer app that gives me live updates from all over the world, including all the Cup games, the MLB At-Bat app, Google Maps and I think that's about it. I like to keep it generic.
    06-26-10 09:28 AM
    Most people throw a decent web browser on there too.

06-26-10 11:00 AM
    Not everyone uses their phone in the same manner. I have most Google apps, Poynt, Quicklaund, Skype, Pandora, Docs2Go Premium, and a few others. I don't use them all the time but when I need them, they are there.

One of the best apps is BBM by far. Thanx to RIM for giving us free messaging that works perfectly and is quick.

06-26-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD