Is there a BB app that will count the number of days between two dates - or perhaps a feature within an app? This is something I used back in my Palm days. For example, I'd like to know the date 40 days from today. I need it to track the due dates of several projects on a given day. As I'm writing this I'm thinking this feature must surely exist in some of the calendar apps I've glossed over, but I have yet to see one that spells out this feature.
    03-15-09 02:11 PM
    Doing a quick google search came up with these online date calculators:

www calendarhome.com/date.shtml
    www timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
    www onlineconversion.com/days_between.htm

One of these should be good to view on the small screen.
    03-15-09 06:22 PM
    It would also be easy to do this with an Excel spreadsheet.
    03-15-09 08:30 PM
    Doing a quick google search came up with these online date calculators:

www calendarhome.com/date.shtml
    www timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
    www onlineconversion.com/days_between.htm

One of these should be good to view on the small screen.
    timeanddate.com does have function that will allow me to calculate a date 40 days (for example) from today. I have bookmarked the function and will use this as a last resort, as it does ultimately give me what I'm looking for.

In a perfect world, I'd like something that will allow me to calculate the date 40 days from today, and place that due date on the calendar. Typically it would flow something like this:

Task B is due 20 days from the completion of task A
    Task C is due 30 days from the completion of task B
    Task D is due 15 days from the completion of task C

...and so on. This would allow me to set reminders for each due date and keep track of my time lines. Actually what I've described is much better than the Palm App I'm familiar with. But i can dream.....

The excel spread sheet would give me what I want, but that seems too much like work . But ultimately, I'm looking for this function within a calendar app. I thought maybe this was something I could do this through the 'Task' function but oddly - no.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I guess what I'm trying to describe is a project manager. Hmmm, perhaps thats what I should be searching for.
    Last edited by Genghis2k3; 03-15-09 at 09:17 PM. Reason: epiphany
    03-15-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD