I am considering switching from iphone to blackberry and have a question about app combatibility. It looks as if one of the applications I use frequently (epocrates) is not supported on OS7, and Im not sure about another similar app (lexi comp).
    My question is if anyone knows why there is this compatibility issue? Is it a simple fix for the developers, or do they have to totally rewrite the code? Is this something that happens everytime there is a new blackberry OS?
    My reason for concern is that BB7 is the last of the line before the new OS, and I doubt developers would invest the resources to write new apps if it was very time intensive.
    Other than that problem, the new 9900 looks like an amazing phone.
    08-20-11 05:35 PM
    It's an easy update for most developers. OS7 is just a modified OS6.
    mpatel1080 likes this.
    08-20-11 05:47 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have any ideas on this? It seems kind of odd that developers would not make their apps compatible before a large worldwide release like this. RIM must have made the software available to developers ahead of launch to test compatibility.
    08-21-11 08:40 AM
    It happens everytime there's a new os or new device/screen resolution. Usually gets fixed over time.
    08-21-11 10:46 AM
    I think the developers are getting the word fast the one's I have emailed have responded with positive remarks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD