Google Maps keeps crashing my Tour. GPS works for a few minutes, then screen goes blank, red LED light stays solid and device reboots. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Other apps that work for me:

Facebook
    Flickr

Problems with:

Vilingo
    Pandora

I can't get any of the quick launch web icons to work yet (such as Wall Street Journal, NY Times, etc).

Also, as I have upgraded from the 8830, I can't get the hang of what appears to be the Storm's browser. How do I make the fonts larger? Can't quite figure out the zooming and navigation options using the track ball. What about the Start page for the browser vs a home page? Could someone point me to a FAQ about the browser and for that matter OS 4.7 (such as how to work with folders, etc)?

Sorry for all the questions!
    07-14-09 08:21 AM
    So far I'm using:

facebook
    my verizon
    bolt
    ubertwitter
    berrybuzz 2.0
    berryweather
    tetherberry

I got my quick launch to work. I had it for my Storm and for my Curve. I was pretty sure that my Storm version wouldn't work because of the touchscreen specifics so I installed the 8330 version. Seems to work fine, the only thing is the fonts are very, very small even on the large setting. probably due to the different screen resolution.
    07-14-09 09:11 AM
    Vlingo works fine if you go to the website from your phone and download the os4.7 version. I have it working on the Verizon Tour .40.
    07-14-09 09:14 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to get a non-touchscreen version of Google Maps on their Tour? I haven't been able to find the Bold version of the app.
    07-14-09 02:48 PM
    Any luck with Live Maps?
    07-14-09 02:56 PM
    Facebook, B of A app, and Opera Mini work for me. Instango doesn't
    07-14-09 05:26 PM
    Working:
    SlingBox
    Viigo
    WetherBug
    Bolt
    TetherBerry
    Amaze GPS
    Greenfinder

Not working:
    Telmap Navigator (best GPS ever hands down!!)
    07-14-09 08:50 PM
    Which version of WeatherBug did you use? I tried the Storm version and it just locks up. I think it's expecting a screen input and I obviously can't do that (although I have been caught trying as I adjust away from my old Storm). I can't find any other version to install. The website just takes me in circles.
    This version of Weatherbug works perfect on the Tour.

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad
    07-14-09 09:05 PM
    Same to report as cannonballgsu - Ascendo money lets you create accounts but can't finish a transaction without a null error.

-R.
    07-14-09 09:13 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get a non-touchscreen version of Google Maps on their Tour? I haven't been able to find the Bold version of the app.
    I'm looking for this as well...
    07-14-09 11:29 PM
    pandora aint working for me.... might be my user issue tho, not sure yet! ha
    07-14-09 11:34 PM
    Pandora seems to be working fine for me. Downloaded through BB App World.
    07-14-09 11:38 PM
    I downloaded weatherbug, but I can't find how to launch it. It's not listed under the applications, and I have show all checked. I can find it under the wrench icon under applications, but I can't launch it. Any ideas.
    07-15-09 01:06 AM
    Anyone having issues with Flycast locking up while buffering?
    07-15-09 02:00 AM
    Is opera mini better than the browser on the Tour? This is my first blackberry and I love the browser that's already on the phone, but I wouldn't mind trying out opera mini if its worth it.
    07-15-09 03:02 AM
    Well, for nothing else Opera allows you to have a second browser window open, so you can do sorta "tabbed" browsing by looking at Ebay in BB Browser, and Googling things under Opera. Having said that, I like Opera - I find that it's the most faithful way to reproduce pages that are NOT optimized for mobile.
    07-15-09 03:12 AM
    The only Apps that I can't get to work are Instango and AIM. I've tried reinstalling AIM like six times same error. "Service not enabled for this handheld.
    07-15-09 04:29 AM
    getting fatal error on quicktext
    No problems here with quick text.
    07-15-09 05:24 AM
    Had some issues with Pandora - Tried going to ver 1.0.3 as suggested by a storm user but that REALLY didn't work. eventually got 1.0.4 (from Pandora site) to work after 3rd un/re install. Just a bit quirky getting started I think - all is good now.
    07-15-09 07:36 AM
    I emailed Ascendo about Ascendo money, but haven't heard a response yet. If anyone hears anything, please post up, I'm lost without this app. I'm starting to think i should just carry my curve around to keep track of my transactions!
    07-15-09 08:29 AM
    Anyone having issues with Flycast locking up while buffering?
    Yes, I have the same issue... Flycast locks up when buffering. Hopefully an update will solve it shortly
    07-18-09 07:41 AM
    Can anybody confirm that berryweather does or does not work on the Tour?
    I haven't read through the rest of the posts, but if you haven't heard, BerryWeather is working on my Sprint Tour.
    07-18-09 07:45 AM
    I downloaded weatherbug, but I can't find how to launch it. It's not listed under the applications, and I have show all checked. I can find it under the wrench icon under applications, but I can't launch it. Any ideas.
    Could be in the downloads folder.
    07-18-09 07:47 AM
    Yes, I have the same issue... Flycast locks up when buffering. Hopefully an update will solve it shortly
    Voila... Flycast has a new beta which apparently works on the Tour (haven't tried it yet though)

FlyCast Forums • View topic - ** New ** Public FlyCast 2.00.7160 Public Beta

Edit: this beta version of Flycast works perfectly with the tour!
    Last edited by joesworld; 07-18-09 at 09:50 AM.
    07-18-09 07:50 AM
    Working:
    BerryWeather
    Viigo
    Bank of America
    CB Launcher
    MeterBerry
    My Verizon
    Google Mobile
    igoogle
    TipCalculatorBB

Not working or not working properly:

ABC News shortcut ( get a message stating its an invalid URL)

Google Maps (maps do work but the app is configured to operate fully with the Storm (touch screen) so there are functions that can't be used.

Reuters web signal (message received when attempting to configure is" Sorry, Reuters News is only available on BlackBerry hand sets") :::::scratching head:::::

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by NetNurse; 07-19-09 at 05:53 AM.
    07-18-09 08:00 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD