Hey all,

Just wanted to start a new thread on Apps people were using with their previous RIM device and now is either confirmed or not confirmed working on their Tour.

For me...

Confirmed working:
    Tetherberry
    Viigo 3.0
    Opera Mini
    Meterberry
    Poynt
    Gmail
    GoogleMaps

Confirmed not working as of yet:
    Instango
    Vlingo
    Beejive(?)

Haven't tried different themes yet but I am reading about mixed results...
    ~Scion
    07-13-09 06:50 AM
    Great to hear MeterBerry is working.

If you have any issues or notice things that don't quite jive with the Tour, let me know.

[email protected]
    07-13-09 07:00 AM
    Bolt works great
    Ubertwitter works
    Gmail app works

Doesn't work right because it thinks the 4.7 OS is a touchscreen:
    Windows Live Search
    Google YouTube app
    Google Maps (although this program mostly works)
    07-13-09 07:08 AM
    I'm not to fond of the meterberry. For those who have it do you actually get anything useful out of it? Plus I think it stinks there isn't a free trial for it. I really hate paying for apps then finding out they do nothing at all or don't do what you expect.
    07-13-09 07:11 AM
    With Google Maps, I noticed a strange behavior ... to zoom in and out, you can press the - and + keys. And they behave opposite of what you'd expect, the "-" key zooms in and the "+" key zooms out.

Also, WeatherBug did not work for me.
    07-13-09 07:20 AM
    getting fatal error on quicktext
    07-13-09 07:38 AM
    For users who are having issues with downloading apps OTA and getting the touch screen version (Googlemaps, Livesearch, ETC...) I would suggest for the time being not to use OTA downloads. There are obviously non touchscreen versions of software for the Bold so see if you can get ahold of the files for the Bold version or go to the software website and select Bold and download and then install with DM. See if that works.
    07-13-09 07:54 AM
    For livesearch, make sure you download the version for 4.6.1. It works perfectly

http://mobile.search.live.com/client/download/bb/4.6.1/LiveSearchBB461.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:22 AM
    I'm not to fond of the meterberry. For those who have it do you actually get anything useful out of it? Plus I think it stinks there isn't a free trial for it. I really hate paying for apps then finding out they do nothing at all or don't do what you expect.
    It is a good diagnostic tools, use it in tracking what apps bleed my storms memory. And of course the scheduled bat pull, the recover memory functions are handy as well.
    07-13-09 08:27 AM
    For livesearch, make sure you download the version for 4.6.1. It works perfectly

http://mobile.search.live.com/client...earchBB461.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Great advice. The version for OS 4.6 works on the Tour. This may be our short term fix while some apps get updated to not assume that 4.7 OS is touchscreen.
    07-13-09 08:44 AM
    I've found with the google youtube mobile app that you can't scroll to the accept button. As someone pointed out it looks like it's assuming its a touch screen. Google maps you can zoon in and out w/ the keyboard (I think i used I and O keys) - the GPS integration seems to work great.
    07-13-09 08:49 AM
    Shazam works as well, but I couldn't find it in App World. I had to grab it from their website.
    07-13-09 08:54 AM
    Does facebook work?
    07-13-09 08:56 AM
    Also, WeatherBug did not work for me.
    WeatherBug is working fine for me.

jmIrc, however, is not working for me. Everytime I try to connect I get the follow error message:

*** Error trying to connect to IRC server, aborting... Exception: Invalid url parameter.

Any ideas on what is causing this or another irc program replacement? I'm also looking for a SSH client as well if anyone could recommend.
    07-13-09 08:57 AM
    Facebook
    Viigo
    Beejive

All are working on my Tour.
    07-13-09 08:58 AM
    Vlingo works for me
    07-13-09 08:58 AM
    Can anybody confirm that berryweather does or does not work on the Tour?
    07-13-09 09:05 AM
    Facebook is working fine (thankfully) but the NY Yankees app is not working on this handheld ::
    07-13-09 09:13 AM
    How about QuickPull?
    07-13-09 09:19 AM
    Quickpull works.
    07-13-09 09:33 AM
    Hey all,

Just wanted to start a new thread on Apps people were using with their previous RIM device and now is either confirmed or not confirmed working on their Tour.

For me...

Confirmed working:
    Tetherberry
    Viigo 3.0
    Opera Mini
    Meterberry
    Poynt
    Gmail
    GoogleMaps

Confirmed not working as of yet:
    Instango
    Vlingo
    Beejive(?)

Haven't tried different themes yet but I am reading about mixed results...
    ~Scion
    Does Poynt display correctly for you? I found it so off, I pulled it, hopefully temporarily.
    07-13-09 09:53 AM
    WeatherBug is working fine for me.

jmIrc, however, is not working for me. Everytime I try to connect I get the follow error message:

*** Error trying to connect to IRC server, aborting... Exception: Invalid url parameter.

Any ideas on what is causing this or another irc program replacement? I'm also looking for a SSH client as well if anyone could recommend.
    Which version of WeatherBug did you use? I tried the Storm version and it just locks up. I think it's expecting a screen input and I obviously can't do that (although I have been caught trying as I adjust away from my old Storm). I can't find any other version to install. The website just takes me in circles.
    07-13-09 09:56 AM
    There are obviously non touchscreen versions of software for the Bold so see if you can get ahold of the files for the Bold version or go to the software website and select Bold and download and then install with DM.
    07-13-09 09:59 AM
    Has anyone tested Slacker Radio on the Tour yet?
    07-13-09 10:01 AM
    Working:
    BerryBuzz
    PodTrapper
    Slacker
    Splash ID
    Splash Money (ddl for transaction type is not visible in normal view, but it is workable)
    SplashShopper
    Audible (faked out...downloaded for Bold I think)
    BerryScanner
    TetherBerry
    Facebook
    Bolt

I have not had any apps "fail" to the point that I had to remove, but I was unable to find a comptible Garmin version.
    07-13-09 10:01 AM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD