With so many applications relying on a unique device PIN, I wonder how people handle it when they need to swap their device out for a replacement due to damage, loss, etc.

On the PalmOS platform, most programs are tied to your Hotsync ID. When you swapped out a device, all of your serial numbers worked because you just set up the same hotsync ID on the new device.

Since I understand that the PIN is unique per device, it would be great if there was software to clone a PIN so that you could keep your PIN regardless of device.

Thoughts?
    02-15-09 02:58 PM
    the dm has a migration deal, worked great from my pearl to curve.
    02-16-09 01:35 AM
    I have no apps that actually require my PIN in order to work. Not a big deal for contacts and such BIS and desktop manager use maintains all that fine anyways.
    02-16-09 02:22 AM
    I've switched BB's quite a bit and do have apps that rely on the PIN for a reg/serial number of the app. I know what you're talking about on the Palm OS but haven't seen anything like that for BB.

Fortunately, I've found that every app I've purchased has great developers and, if when I emailed them, they were kind enough to generate a new reg/serial for me.

Sometimes, if the app is cheap enough, I just re-purchase it
    02-16-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD