So I turned on the app center and than I closed it but when I hold the bb button to get to the task manager it shows the app center running... And when I click on ot it doesn't even open
    I tried doing a battery pull twice but that doesn't fix the problem... Any ideas?
    12-08-08 01:46 PM
    Mine does it too but the application center is there sometimes and not others.
    12-08-08 01:56 PM
    The same thing is happening to me. I hope someone knows the answer. It is very frustrating.
    12-08-08 01:57 PM
    All you have to do is disable the auto-update option for the app center, then do a battery-pull/use "Soft Reset Application". I also deleted BB Messenger, so now I am left with only phone, browser, home and messages in the app switcher. Let me know if this works for you. Also, whenever you want to update the app center just go into it as normal, then hit that little circle arrow button in the top right "Update Button".
    12-08-08 02:02 PM
    I'm running .75 btw
    12-08-08 02:03 PM
    I am as well
    12-08-08 02:05 PM
    Mine does the same thing...I don't think it's really a problem...I wouldn't worry about it.
    12-08-08 02:08 PM
    as he said before all you have to do is DISABLE THE AUTO UPDATE LIST in the app store then do a battery pull
    12-08-08 02:15 PM
    If you are going to post in a thread, why not read it first??? Especially if it is only 6 posts long?
    12-08-08 02:49 PM
    Don't get your panties in a bunch, when I read this thread there was only 1 post in it...the original post. You forum nazis really need to calm down and stop getting offensive about stupid things.
    12-08-08 02:55 PM
    Don't get your panties in a bunch, when I read this thread there was only 1 post in it...the original post. You forum nazis really need to calm down and stop getting offensive about stupid things.
    coming from someone with 3 posts...
    12-08-08 03:01 PM
    I tried this and it doesn't work for me.
    12-08-08 04:12 PM
    All you have to do is disable the auto-update option for the app center, then do a battery-pull/use "Soft Reset Application". I also deleted BB Messenger, so now I am left with only phone, browser, home and messages in the app switcher. Let me know if this works for you. Also, whenever you want to update the app center just go into it as normal, then hit that little circle arrow button in the top right "Update Button".
    Great info - I wish I had seen this earlier today. I couldn't get the app center to go away (not knowing about the above method), so I went to options>advanced options>applications. I highlighted app center and deleted it. I was hoping I could then "undelete" or undo it, and see if that reset things. Well, it is gone! I figure I can get it back via desktop manager if I really want it, but as of now I had no intention of usnig it and hopefully a new software update will be coming in the next several weeks so it will all come back anyway. BTW, my method DOES get rid of it from the task manager!
    12-08-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD