As the title says, I get that message when I try to get onto the app center, it just wont work. any help would be amazing.
    08-28-10 03:41 PM
    Have you tried it since you posted this thread? Have you been able to get through? To me this sounds like a App World Server problem and not anything to do with your device. But, just for kicks - I would try a battery pull. Does your internet work and such?
    08-28-10 07:55 PM
    Same issue here... I'm starting to think going w/ iPhone 4 or Android phone would have been a better idea. Freezes up upon unlock... don't get me started on how my ear (yes my ear..) is able to put callers on hold, join other callers, hang up and wonder through menus all while I'm on the phone. Mostly the app store issue is frustrating as it prompts that there is an update for BB App Store but once i enter my password it just sits at..."Authenticating" and a hard reset (batt pop) or soft reset clears... I was very excited to get this phone when i heard it was coming out but many of the "quirks" feel like the OS6 was rushed out the door by RIM and I'd love to know how got the job of testing the device before release... they should be FIRED!!!! Any-who- any thoughts on why this "Super Blackberry" is such a piece of crap? My advice, by an IPHONE 4 and deal with the antenna issue as i drop just as many calls as my fianc� does with her iPhone4. Or Android and save yourself the trouble... Very FRUSTRATED
    08-29-10 10:11 PM
    Or...you could just uninstall that version of app world and download an earlier one. But, maybe venting is better?
    08-29-10 10:21 PM
    rcnathan, do you honestly think the Torch/9800 is a solid phone? Not compared to any iphone or Androids but to previous BB's? Ive been a BB user for over 10 years now. Over those years I've owned, used and been very pleased with my 6210, 6510 (iDEN), 7210, 8700c, Pearl, 8300, 8310 & 8900 Curve's and both the 9000 and 9700 series Bold's. I was SUPER, SUPER excited when I found out RIM was going to release an updated touch screen phone with integrated physical QWERTY keyboard with a better internet browser and most of all a new OS. I got my 9800 on August 12th, the very day they were released to the public. Its the 29th (about to be the 30th and im soooooo not impressed at the phone as a hole. You cant say they OS isn't quirky at times (do you have a password on your device? and if so tell me how long your phone (ill be nice here) PAUSES before you can start using it? And when you're on the phone you don't occasionally put callers on hold or select the Add Participant option with your ear? Now im in the IT industry and understand that software can have bugs and thats what service packs and dot updates are all about but they honestly could have done more QC before shipping this phone out to the BB hungry masses. Ill try your suggestion to uninstall the App Store and reinstall and see what happens but you must see that many other 9800 owners are just as upset and frustrated as I am.

Larry-
    08-29-10 10:53 PM
    First off, you must understand that

A. We've hijacked this thread.

B. I have never, ever, ever put anyone on hold on accident, or done anything else while being on the phone other than End the phone call. Now, on my Android I did that more than anything else during a phone call. I always hung up on the person. Heck, I took a $100 hit when selling my Hero. I just sold it. I didn't care I was losing my money on it. I purely hated Android. I will never go back to it for a phone. Tablet? Maybe.

C. My phone never freezes when being unlocked.

D. The 9800 was RIM first attempt at that phone. Give it a bit of time.

E. I am not going to judge blackberry for the 9800. I'm going to judge them by the device sitting in front of me, the 8530. I love it - just as I have loved my other 3 blackberries. 8130, 8330, 9630.

I will stay with RIM for a long time. I don't need fancy. I need a phone to be reliable and has been time tested. And that is RIM. I highly doubt that is disputed amongst smartphone junkies.

I appreciate your opinion though and its my hope that you take what I have written as just that - an opinion. We all have different views with phones. Thankfully there is many to choose from

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD