Does anyone know when the App Center will be fully functional and similar to the App Store for the iphone. Without a competitive App Center, the blackberry will never win against the iphone. Is there any speculation as to a date?
    01-17-09 09:56 PM
    please search before posting, this topic has been covered countless times. and as of now speculation is around march it'll get released.
    01-17-09 09:58 PM
    I remember reading somewhere that the app center would be ready in March. I saw that months ago, even before the phone came out. I hope that's accurate.
    01-17-09 09:59 PM
    It took a while for the app center on the iphone to release. Give it some time as the phone is just a little short of being 2 months old

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 11:06 PM
    I remember reading somewhere that the app center would be ready in March. I saw that months ago, even before the phone came out. I hope that's accurate.
    the rumor is march still
    01-17-09 11:13 PM
    I searched for this earlier this week and it seems my CB colleagues are correct---the rumor is mid-March. Blackberry is apparently working diligently to develop the app store as you would expect to compete with Apple.

And dont worry about the guy(s) who always have to go tell you to "search". If everyone would stop doing that, we would have 50% less posts to bypass. Yeesh. Sometimes search takes forever and its easier to get fresh intel by posting. There.
    01-17-09 11:50 PM
    I talked to a friend that works for Verizon today and he said it seems like most of the apps will be for purchase, there wont be very many free apps. This is where I think RIM/Verizon are going to hurt themselves. The Storm was developed to bring in the average consumer, i.e. the iphone/dare users. When consumer find out that our app store is mainly for purchase, they will definitely think again before purchasing this phone and may just go to the iphone. I'm hoping for Verizon and RIM's sake that this is not true.
    01-18-09 12:42 AM
    i would expect.....if they are allowed.....that all 3rd party apps will be set by the user for price....and thus many will be free....at least let us hope.
    01-18-09 01:07 AM
    i would expect.....if they are allowed.....that all 3rd party apps will be set by the user for price....and thus many will be free....at least let us hope.
    I sure hope this is the case. VZW would really be shooting themselves in the foot if they set strict limitations on the app store.
    01-18-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD