Because if its stolen first thing someone would do is remove the sim card. That way Blackberry Protect and other app become useless. So is there one that can track a phone when a card is removed?
    11-14-11 01:45 PM
    It is not possible as a device needs to be tied to a network either carrier or wifi to triangulate a location.. Cannot go just on GPS
    11-14-11 01:54 PM
    There's a free blackberry app at thedevicelocator.com that sends the gps location to your account there. It may work without the SIM card if there is wi-fi access.
    11-14-11 05:05 PM
    Check out BuddyGuard, the pro edition. I think this can.
    11-14-11 06:05 PM
    Can it do it if the berry is used with a different SIM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 01:45 AM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Here's a quote about BuddyGuard:

'BuddyGuard provides personal security features and remote access to secure your Blackberry and data. You can send an Emergency Alert, or Lock, Locate and even Wipe your Blackberry in case of loss or theft.'

Regarding the SIM, BuddyGuard can detect unauthorised SIM cards and send an SMS notification to an alternative mobile number. It can also automatically lock your device if no SIM card is present, however it states this feature should be disabled if you have enabled your BB's system SIM security settings.

So...... depending on what you're asking. I think the answer is yes.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards

Mav.
    11-15-11 03:12 AM

yeah, I wanted to know about that too
    11-15-11 07:49 AM
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Here's a quote about BuddyGuard:

'BuddyGuard provides personal security features and remote access to secure your Blackberry and data. You can send an Emergency Alert, or Lock, Locate and even Wipe your Blackberry in case of loss or theft.'

Regarding the SIM, BuddyGuard can detect unauthorised SIM cards and send an SMS notification to an alternative mobile number. It can also automatically lock your device if no SIM card is present, however it states this feature should be disabled if you have enabled your BB's system SIM security settings.

So...... depending on what you're asking. I think the answer is yes.

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards

Mav.

well yeah that makes the answer yes. but I tried free version of that app and guess what happened. after im done with setup and everything I tried one simple thing. To delete it- and did it without any problems. I hoped that it would at least require a password to be deleted. or that once i did a device reboot it would then ask for a password. nothing
    11-15-11 07:51 AM
    My BlackBerry Q10 has been stolen what should i do to get it back,,,, thief has removed my sim card... what should do i now?
    05-28-13 05:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD