There are tons of apps to id calls and block calls, but it's not really productive to block a number if they can just turn around and bug you via text messages. Does anyone know of any apps out that that can block text messages???

Thanks
    Kim
    10-25-10 04:30 PM
    All BlackBerry models have a built in firewall. Its under options. You can use that to block SMS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 05:06 PM
    10-25-10 05:15 PM
    I don't want to block all text messages but just certain numbers from sending me a text.

10-25-10 05:17 PM
    you can try DDM (dont disturb me)...search on Google you can find it. it is great!
    10-25-10 11:50 PM
    I don't want to block all text messages but just certain numbers from sending me a text.

you can try DDM (dont disturb me)...search on Google you can find it. it is great!
    Looks like you can block certain numbers vs all with this app Don't Disturb Me! (DDM) | The Ulitmate SMS Firewall for Blackberry! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

I couldn't get 'reviews' to come up, so maybe do a search of the forums to see what you come up with.
    10-26-10 04:05 AM
    DDM works perfectly!!! You add the number and turn off the alerts and texts from any annoying person are sent to that app and you don't have to see them unless you want too. I do wish they had an extra feature to also delete the message, but this is better than nothing and I don't have to pay ATT $5 a month to block messages from this **** that won't leave me alone.

Thanks for the info wiwu and North-Face!!!

FYI - It doesn't block MMS.

10-26-10 07:23 AM
    No problem, hope it works for you.

10-26-10 08:19 PM
    Ppl love wasting money.... Under firewall you can select mms and sms and just check off "except contacts" so that your contacts' messages still come through (any number not in your contacts will not go through)

10-27-10 05:48 PM
    I suggest using the firewall option for blocking unwanted sms and mms. I use Call Blocker Pro for blocking unwanted calls. Both seem to get the job done.

10-27-10 06:01 PM
    I would try DDM! this program works great for exactly what you are trying to do. Another other is the firewall if you do not like the way that DDM works.

Andrew
    10-27-10 08:22 PM
    SRS Call SMS and eMail Spam Blocker Powerful Spam Protection for your BlackBerry

A full complement of features

* Flexible and powerful spam engine.
    * Full integration with the BlackBerry inbox.
    * Full integration with the BlackBerry address book.
    * Complete monitoring of all e-mail accounts.
    * Full support for personal and corporate devices.
    * Full integration with the BlackBerry Incoming Call controls.
    * Full integration with the BlackBerry Incoming SMS messages.
    * Fully integrated Blackberry menus.
    * Fully configurable spam rules.
    * Block calls with using scheduler.
    * Block calls with no notification(ring , vibrate)
    * Block calls with profiles (block all,only contact list)
    * Block SMS text with using scheduler with no notification(ring , vibrate)
    * Block SMS text with certain words or numbers (unique feature for blackberry)
    * Block e-mails , domains, mail adressess or terms (in the subject or mail body) on any or all mail accounts using scheduler with no notification(ring , vibrate)
    * Block Contact Feature
    Block selected Blackberry contacts in the address book, This future blocks SMS's, calls and e-mails incoming from the selected contact.
    * Password Protection for block rules and logs.
    * Backup/Restore Rule Feature : Backup and restore your block rules.
    * Only one time purchase required, and all upgrades are free (1 year).

It works with the standard e-mail application available on your BlackBerry, and it begins filtering call,sms,e-mail spams immediately after installation. Simple and effective.

SRS Call SMS and eMail Spam Blocker works with both corporate and personal BlackBerry devices, and filters spam from all of the e-mail accounts set up on the BlackBerry.

The software works silently in the background, removing all annoying spam messages as they arrive in your e-mail inbox, without ever bothering you or distracting your workflow.
    SpamBlocker SMS module on some networks there may be problem for block sms or maybe not work other sm3rd party sms applicaitons. Plase try to trial version first.

Trial version block 30 spams.(call,sms and e-mail) or 15 days trial usage.

software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=84523&n=SRS-Call-SMS-and-eMail-Spam-Blocker-for-BlackBerry-%2D-SRS-Teknoloji
    11-22-10 03:34 AM
    DDM's your man. Forget anything else, nothing else comes close. Includes an SMS autoresponder too, with keyword filtering.

Very, very good app.
    11-22-10 06:06 AM
    I wouldn't want to block all but contacts in firewall, what if someone gets a new number (for example). I wouldn't buy an app like this, but I'd do that before I'd block incoming sms from a multitude of people.

11-22-10 10:18 AM
    I noticed the OP is on ATT. I recently had this same problem, called ATT and had the number blocked entirely from my number. Just call customer service and tell em the story and ask for a number block. No need to waste money on apps.
    11-22-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD