dont know if this goes here so if not please move.

i tried downloading an app in BB app world now its stuck in starting download. called verizon and they are no help. i pulled the battery no fix. deleted app world and still no fix. is there a way to delete this from the list? i also used the BB button and nothing.
    08-08-09 11:31 AM
    I am not sure I understand what your problem is.

BlackBerry App World can be installed on your Storm, is that where the failure occured?

If it was installed, were you were trying to download an application, is that where it failed?

You mention pulling the battery, is it possible you interrupted a normal download in progress? What happens when you attempt to restart the download?
    08-08-09 11:37 AM
    okay..i have app world. i was trying to download something in app world and now its stuck in" starting dowload" the batt pull was something i tried to do to fix the problem
    08-08-09 11:59 AM
    Got you now, thanks.

Pulling the battery forces a reset. When you restart App World, does it go the the Featured Items page or does it continue the stuck download?

If it tries to continue and you can't interrupt it, you may have to remove App World and re-install it. I would think that would reset it back to normal.
    08-08-09 12:22 PM
    nope thats why i posted all of that in my initial post, but i figured it out and its the simplest thing ever...just go back to the app in the categories and download again and it fixes it
    08-08-09 12:29 PM
    Excellent, thank for replying with your solution, it may help others in future.
    08-08-09 12:51 PM
    I am having the exact same problem with my brand new Tour. I downloaded the latest App World, then tried to get a free app and it's stuck on "Starting download..."

However, I have no option to "re-download" the program. If I look it up again under the catagories, it gives me all the other options but download. Any other ideas?
    08-09-09 10:45 PM
    I am having the exact same problem with my brand new Tour. I downloaded the latest App World, then tried to get a free app and it's stuck on "Starting download..."

However, I have no option to "re-download" the program. If I look it up again under the catagories, it gives me all the other options but download. Any other ideas?
    Having exactly the same issue, were you able to resolve this issue?
    08-11-09 09:52 AM
    Me too. Same problem trying to download the free Weatherbug app with the new Appworld.
    No download button and "Starting Download" showing all day.

Managed to download the Weatherbug app from a direct download link but it's still showing "starting Download" in "My World" - I think it's broken.
    Last edited by SeanTheMac; 08-11-09 at 04:18 PM.
    08-11-09 03:53 PM

Have you tried going in to applications and setting permissions for app world to full access (all allowed) I'd look but mines currently rebooting.
    08-11-09 04:05 PM
    I'm having this same issue. I am trying to download Pandora on my Tour (free application) and it is stuck in "starting download" for 72 hours now. The green bar isn't moving either. It doesn't give me the option to cancel or restart the download. When I pull up Pandora in app world, it doesn't offer me the "download" button. In 'advanced options' 'applications', Pandora isn't listed. I've even tried removing and reinstalling Blackberry App World....any fix yet?
    08-13-09 05:00 PM
    any fix yet? im having the same issue. it sucks!!
    08-20-09 08:32 AM
    I am experiencing the exact same issues still, with the latest version of App World.
    08-31-09 11:38 PM
    it happened to me about twice
    what i did was go to bb app world on my pc and sent myself the link to the app i wanted and re downloaded it
    and also I want and deleted it from my desk top mangr. and the reloaded it and it worked and make sure there aren't to many thing running on your berry
    09-01-09 12:20 AM
    i don't know why this happends but make sure that the app is compatible with your device
    09-01-09 12:33 AM
    This is a known issue with App World. Unfortunately, they have yet to release a proper fix for it. So, if you don't have the option to re-download the app once you go back to App World, you'll have to find a direct download link to get what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 01:30 AM
    I dont know if anyone knows this or not...

Does the App being stuck with "Starting Download" take any additional system resources up or run the battery down any quicker?

Or is it just a GUI glitch?
    09-01-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD