There has to be an app out there that can add an alert to my Bluetooth? It rings in my ear when i get a call can't there be an app out there that says I have a new text msg or I have a new email msg and so forth?.....without constantly looking at my phone?
    03-29-10 12:18 AM
    Vlingo (the new upgrade paid version with safe reader) does it.......It reads the email or SMS for the first 30 words I think and then the rest of the message is truncated.
    03-29-10 12:44 AM
    does safe reader play through bluetooth?
    03-29-10 12:50 AM
    does safe reader play through bluetooth?
    I upgraded and tried it today........works great for both email and sms.
    Only problem I have with it, I can speak out my reply and it transcribes and then reads back the reply before I send it out. Perhaps in a car it would be useful, but I found that step unnecessary .
    03-29-10 12:53 AM
    I would like something just to beep in the ear piece. Berrybuzz, hint hint..
    03-29-10 06:34 AM
    Blurts does what you ask to your desktop via BT, not to an earpeace. I won the Pro version from a CB contest and it is a pretty cool app.
    03-29-10 09:20 AM
    Vlingo (the new upgrade paid version with safe reader) does it.......It reads the email or SMS for the first 30 words I think and then the rest of the message is truncated.
    The OP is talking about an alert/beep that comes thru your bluetooth headset, like the noise it makes when you have an incoming call. Unfortunately there are no headsets or apps out there with this feature (that I know of).
    03-29-10 11:49 AM
    I know when my mom had a Nokia flip phone don't know the model though off the top of my head... she used the Plantronics Voyager I think is the one but not 100% on that but whatever that one with that phone would notify you of everything from the call to the text I tried to see if it did this with my BB Bold however just the normal beep sound & only for calls. It did flash a diff color though for a text/ mms/ Email but as far as I am aware no BT headsets do this for the BB.
    03-29-10 12:29 PM
    The OP is talking about an alert/beep that comes thru your bluetooth headset, like the noise it makes when you have an incoming call. Unfortunately there are no headsets or apps out there with this feature (that I know of).

Yeah my laptop does not have bluetooth and if I am out fishing it would be nice if i knew when I got a text msg the bluetooth would tell me because i leave it on shore.....lol
    03-29-10 02:06 PM
    Yeah my laptop does not have bluetooth and if I am out fishing it would be nice if i knew when I got a text msg the bluetooth would tell me because i leave it on shore.....lol
    lol how far out do you go? BT only works up to like 30 feet.
    03-29-10 03:52 PM
    Well i leave it in my tackle bag so i am never out of range just dont want to risk it falling in the water if i am wading but just a simple msg for text, email, etc....you would think the guys who made berry buzz could do this or something......surprised there is no app that currently alerts through bluetooth.....and i think vlingo just goes through phone speaker not bluetooth but i could be wrong...
    03-30-10 02:10 AM
    I am trying drivesafe.ly and it tells me i am getting a text msg sometimes through my bluetooth. Sometimes it says i got a text msg but stops no reading or anything....well it does do email msgs i got one just now and got 25 words for free but i am more interested in text alerts.
    04-02-10 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD