1. Is viigo good/does it slow ur device down

2. What is a good weather app, weather bug is good but it takes long to load the first time you get on/ not big problem

3. Does weather bug have a memory leaky i heard some weather app does but dont remember which 1

4.Can some 1 explain the concepts of "storing apps on ur memory card"
    07-31-09 04:00 PM
    for the Viigo app, if it's running in the background, it can/is likely to slow down your BB. Viigo should use up a bit of your battery the longer it is running in the background and refreshing the information.

for the storing apps on your memory card, it's very simple. Your BB has limited memory space that it can use to keep the actual code that is the app. This takes up space as well as your personal settings and any other information associated with the app. The thing is, if you were able to store your apps on a removable/upgradeable memory card, then you could have more apps on your BB without it slowing down when you have less memory on your phone because it's on a separate card.

I hope this helps you out
    07-31-09 04:08 PM
    I use the weather channel, and it works just fine. Quick, light weight, and to the point.

The thing is, if you were able to store your apps on a removable/upgradeable memory card, then you could have more apps on your BB without it slowing down when you have less memory on your phone because it's on a separate card.
    So you are NOT able to store apps on a memory card?
    07-31-09 04:12 PM
    I use the weather channel, and it works just fine. Quick, light weight, and to the point.

So you are NOT able to store apps on a memory card?
    No, you cannot store apps on the memory card, it's been complained about i'm hoping they'll release a software upgrade that alllows you to.
    07-31-09 05:10 PM
    I didn't like Viigo at all, deleted it

I use Weathereye, works great
    07-31-09 05:12 PM
    I use BerryWeather. There is a 3 day trial in the cb store and its way worth the purchase. Loaded with features great on battery and no memory problems here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 05:12 PM
    Berryweather is good and you have tour now.. no need to worry about slow down lol I have 13 apps on mine.. Doesn't slow at all
    07-31-09 05:13 PM
    Free apps
    Beyond 411 (local search)
    Google Maps
    Google Sync (get this if you use Google contacts and calendar)
    Pandora
    Ubertwitter

Pay apps
    Autostandby (must-have don't use the included holster)
    Ascendo Datavault (better password app)
    Beejive (if you use instant messaging)
    BerryWeather
    BerryBuzz
    Beyond 160 (allows sms with more than 160 characters)
    07-31-09 05:30 PM
    Viigo is awesome it is one of my favorite apps. I use it all day everyday. it won't drain your battery if you close it properly.
    Also the best weather app by far is berryweather. Its the best looking and the most efficient. Weatherbug is notorious for leaking memory.
    Also if you have the newest version of blackberry app world (version 1.1) you can store apps on your memory card but they cannot run on the memory card.

07-31-09 05:39 PM
    Ok how do I store them on the card... Also how do I check if my apps need updating
    07-31-09 07:33 PM
    I like weatherbug. Used the free version for a while and today I bought the 5 dollar elite version so I can get pushed weather warnings. It also puts a nice temperature display up by the profiles icon, which is nice since there are no themes for the tour yet.

07-31-09 11:06 PM
    You can't store apps on memory card yet. Possibly in a future software release we will be able to.
    08-01-09 12:38 AM
    You can't store apps on memory card yet. Possibly in a future software release we will be able to.
    You CAN store apps on the memory card. you need to download version 1.1 of BB app world as mentioned above. this was discussed yesterday on the front page here on Crackberry: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-app...lable-download

You can download the latest version here: BlackBerry - App World – The Official BlackBerry App Store for BlackBerry Apps
    08-01-09 01:28 AM
    You CAN store apps on the memory card. you need to download version 1.1 of BB app world as mentioned above. this was discussed yesterday on the front page here on Crackberry: BlackBerry App World Version 1.1.0.11 Now Available For Download | CrackBerry.com

You can download the latest version here: BlackBerry - App World – The Official BlackBerry App Store for BlackBerry Apps
    You can "archive" apps to the memory card with the new App World update, so apps you may not always use can be stored there until you reinstall them. You cannot, however, run the apps while they are on the memory card.
    08-01-09 01:38 AM
    You can "archive" apps to the memory card with the new App World update, so apps you may not always use can be stored there until you reinstall them. You cannot, however, run the apps while they are on the memory card.
    Right, that's what they said yesterday. You cannot run apps from the memory card, but as the question asked, you can save them there. I personally won't use this feature as the Tour has more memory than i need for apps.
    08-01-09 01:44 AM
    As far as weather apps go, I have an add-in that I use as quick reference with E-Mobile Today Pro.

But for full weather info I have been using a quick link to AccuWeather for a couple months. I just this morning signed up for AccuWeather's Mobile push for BB (puts weather dashboard on phone). I like their forecast info, especially for severe weather, radar images are excellent and easily animate on the phone screen. Great for travel in a car (which I do a lot).

AccuWeather.com - Wireless
    (Put your phone # in red section for SMS if you just want a quick link. Put your # in the Blue section at top if you want weather dashboard on your BB)
    08-01-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD