Problem : I can't get AP News to recognize my facebook username and password. I'm positive I've typed it in correctly. Ive tried several email addresses that I've registered with my FB account. None of them work.

Solution : ???
    06-05-09 06:16 AM
    Triple check your User name and password . Maybe even Log in to Facebook from you PC to check it!? I have AP Newsworking great with Facebook on mine, but had a hard time also because I forgot I changed my password a while back, and don't use it because I have it set to auto log in on my PC.
    06-05-09 07:11 AM
    I have the same issues - can't get any stories to post on facebook from the AP app... I am signed in to facebook on the computer/mobile site and facebook app.. no clue.
    06-05-09 06:52 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I've checked my user name and password from both my computer and my BlackBerry Facebook app. It used to work in the AP news app, but it doesn't any more.
    06-07-09 05:51 PM
    Okay so I'm not crazy, other people have run into this same problem. I even changed my password to several things and it still won't take. I've even tried different login email addresses that are valid. None of them work.
    06-11-09 06:14 PM
    So has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue and can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    06-17-09 11:36 AM
    I'm also having the same problem. Before it would say wrong username and password. Now I'm getting nothing when trying to post something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:18 AM
    Well, I've written to them -- not sure that they will respond, but I hope so. If anyone figures out how to resolve this, please post your solution! Stuff I've tried:

- reinstalling app
    - triple checking my Facebook credentials and verifying them by logging in with them from a browser
    - using someone else's Facebook identity and trying to share articles using that ID
    06-23-09 12:53 PM
    just out of curiousity, are you guys using the original app from when the storm 1st came out or the pay, and then later free again, app from app world? I ask because I have the original app and mine works flawlessly.
    06-23-09 12:55 PM
    Any word from the "brains" behind these programs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 04:11 PM
    I've had a few emails with AP. At first, they seemed to brush me off saying something to the effect that "it works fine on their BlackBerry."

Then I got a follow up email from them saying that they had been able to duplicate the error and that they were looking into it. That's about where it stands now.

I will re-post here with any updates I get. Frustrating! Best news app (IMHO) for posting to Facebook, but my current workaround of going to URL of article from AP News app, then bitlifying it, then posting in Facebook is a hassle.
    07-05-09 10:14 AM
    Yea, i've been having this issue the past month or so as well. Worked fine before...then just stopped working out of the blue. I'm using the newer version of AP. Worked fine when I had the older version.
    07-05-09 03:16 PM
    This is strange. The AP News app works fine with my Facebook user name and password (version 2.5.5). But, the Thomas Reuters App (versions 2.5.5 and 2.5.6) does not. I've reinstalled, rebooted, and tried different passwords with and without special characters. The AP New app works fine, but the Thomas Reuters does not. And strangely, not a month ago both were working fine... I'm wondering if the problem is on Facebook's end not allowing 3rd party apps to post to it??

I think these apps are made by the same company (Handmark)?
    09-03-09 06:08 PM
    So I am using AP News 2.5.5 and it does not want to talk to my FB account at all, passwords are definitely typed in correctly. I like the AP News app in particular since it allows me to get updates from my local paper as well.

Any ideas or am I just SOL?
    09-08-09 10:27 AM
    I use to have AP news and i loved it. It got buggy on me so i took it off. Now i want to reistall it but cant find it anywhere ??? Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advace
    09-08-09 05:30 PM
    same problem here...anyone find solution yet ?
    09-09-09 04:57 AM
    I use to have AP news and i loved it. It got buggy on me so i took it off. Now i want to reistall it but cant find it anywhere ??? Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advace
    It's in BB App World.
    09-09-09 06:45 AM
    Someone please tell us how to get the AP News app to post to our Facebook. I can get it to take my username and password, but when I hit post to Facebook it says it did but it never does. HELP SOMEONE>
    09-09-09 07:28 PM
    Iv searched several times in Ap World yet i cant find it? Im searching under the news category. Is it maybe cause im in Canada and it wont let me access it? Can anyone confir, that it is there please. Thx in advanced folks!
    09-13-09 07:30 PM
    Come on AP, let's get that fixed.
    09-15-09 05:05 AM
    I agree with all of you. I tried this a while back when I got 2.2.5 and no dice. Wouldn't sync with the FB account.. ...what a bummer!

Hope they get on it!
    09-15-09 05:52 PM
    Same friggin' problem. It was fine. I did a wipe (non-third party) and now AP doesn't recognize my FB u/p. This is annoying. It's some authentication problem on their end. Maybe it's a good reason to drop the app because it eats memory anyway (it seems). WSJ is better for me since you can add feeds.
    09-15-09 08:38 PM
    Wow...i came to this thread hoping someone had found a fix. This has been going on since mid summer and sucks b/c I was one of those who REALLY utilized that feature.

UGH!
    09-16-09 09:54 AM
    reauters now does the same it says posted but it doesnt actually post to FB page
    09-16-09 11:08 AM
    I am glad to see I am not the only one having this problem. For a minute I thought it was me until I took sometime today to work on this. This is a fairly recent problem as well because I was posting articles to my FB page about a month ago and then I upgrade to this Version and that ended quickly.
    10-14-09 03:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD