I prefer Thompson-Reuters.
    07-21-10 07:25 PM
    The MORE is essential.
    B B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 04:40 AM
    For those who want the old version, I was able to OTA download 2.5.5 from APNews Now, I have the old and new version installed on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks a lot for the OTA link. I couldn't get DM to load the .alx file. It kept telling me that the app isn't compatible with my device.
    I'm now able to compare the 2 apps.
    I'm a newbie to the AP News app. Version 3 was my first experience with it.
    Here's my experience with the two versions:
    The old version shows 21 headlines for my local feed, while the new one only shows 10. Therefore this needs to be addressed in version 3.
    The old one allows me to share using Facebook, but it doesn't seem to work. It keep telling me my login credentials are incorrect, yet I entered the correct login information numerous times. The new one doesn't allow Facebook sharing, but does have Twitter and it seems to work without issues.
    I'm not sure which is better for viewing the photo gallery. The old version gives you the title of the photo as well as the date. Therefore you'll know if you want to click on it or not. The new version just lists a bunch of mini thumbnails with no description. You have to click on the thumbnail to view the photo, then you're presented with the file name. In the new version however, if you swipe down while viewing a photo, it will give a nice description of the photo.
    As for videos, I could only find it in the new version. It may be there, but I was unable to find it and gave up. To go to videos in the new version I clicked on the Star, a popup window appeared, then I click on Videos. I could also do the same thing when viewing categories under More.
    After comparing the 2, I did find it easier and faster to navigate in the new version. In the older version I didn't care for scrolling all the way to the right to get to the last tab, then having to scroll all the way back to the left. I also found myself jumping between the larger and smaller tabs. I had to make sure I went directly across. If not I would end up on the wrong row. In the new version, I like the More Popup window. It keeps everything close at hand, and allows you to jump around quickly and easily.
    I guess it's hard for those that were used to version 2 to convert to version 3. Since I'm a newbie at this app, I hadn't spent enough time with version 2 to become accustomed to it's layout. Version 3 just seems to be more streamlined and easier to navigate for me. If only they would show more local headline topics in version 3, in comparison to version 2.
    07-27-10 01:16 AM
    I prefer Thompson-Reuters.
    I just downloaded it to see for myself. It's very similar to the AP News app version 2. The layout, and Settings screen are almost identical. It almost looks as though the same person who developed AP News version 2, created one for Thompson-Reuters. They are very similar in my opinion.
    07-27-10 01:25 AM
    After playing around with the Thompson-Reuters app, I see that AP News version 2 is very similar. Therefore, I think I may like AP News version 2, over version 3. I'm starting to like the subcategory tabs that are associated with each Larger Tab. For instance when I click on Sports, I can quickly scan all of the subcategories that are already preloaded. With the newer version, I have to jump back to the top and click on a different subcategory. The thing that gets me, is that you have to wait for each one to load. In version 2 it's they are already pre-loaded. If only I can find out where the videos are in version 2.
    07-27-10 01:40 AM
    I was in AppWorld yesterday and noticed the old version is back up! So you can "upgrade" back to the old version.

I'm running the new version of AppWorld, so I had to delete the app first, then reinstall. There wasn't an option to download over the current version.
    08-10-10 12:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD