I know this was discussed a lot a few weeks ago and a beta was leaked for 4.6 but wasn't sure if anyone had any new details about a leak or actual release for the storm. I'm sure it would have to be soon since App World is "slated" (and i say that knowing it will take longer) to come out in the coming weeks and I would think they would try to include 1.5 with that at the latest. Anyone seen a leak of 1.5 for the storm or know anything about a release?
    03-24-09 10:21 PM
    I'm sure alot of us are anxiously waiting....unfortunately I haven't seen anything but I am definitely keeping my eyes open and waiting.
    03-24-09 10:40 PM
    They were too busy screwing up the web-based version!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:42 PM
    Ha. No kidding. I want this one to come out too.
    03-24-09 10:48 PM
    They were too busy screwing up the web-based version!

The app is being developed by RIM not facebook.

03-24-09 11:56 PM
    RIM is slacking.
    03-25-09 12:40 AM
    One thing to keep in mind is that RIM can only release a stable build once Facebook has settled on a definite protocol. These changes to the facebook software cause a lack of interfacing (for a lack of better words) and possibly, incompatibility.
    03-25-09 01:05 AM
    Dont forget that it has already been released for other Blackberries
    03-25-09 09:47 AM
    Could make sense if the new app needs either functionality or stability of the new OS to work well.

... and/or ...

RIIM marketing could also be trying to put the application in the new app store as some kind of free download. They could do this knowing that hoards of people will download it, and if they had to go to the store to do it, it would be a powerful (but annoying) promotional tool.
    03-25-09 09:55 AM
    I was actually thinking the same thing - that he release of the new Facebook app would be tied into the release of the new app store. It makes sense from a marketing perspective.

03-25-09 10:21 AM
    They need to get on that because I hate the new Facebook format and only use my BB version now.

03-25-09 10:38 AM
    Dont forget that it has already been released for other Blackberries
    Leaked, not released.
    03-25-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD