I am a newbie and downloaded my first app to my BB Curve 8330. I downloaded the free VLingo voice recognition software from the crackberry site.

Can anyone give any feedback regarding VLingo ? I haven't had much of a chance to experiment with it.
    I am always nervous about downloading applications, etc. I don't know if blackberry can get a virus like a PC can.

Also if I decide I want to uninstall VLingo or other apps that I have downloaded, I assume that I do this by going to Options-Advanced Options-Applications - then Delete the software I don't want. Can someone confirm that this is the way to uninstall ?

thanks for any information.

Jason.
    10-14-08 09:43 PM
    to uninstall you got it perfectly right

I use vlingo for short easy emails or quick texts and it works great
    also while I'm driving

its good however it makes its mistakes sometimes
    it wont give you any viruses so go ahead and use it
    10-14-08 09:45 PM
    I had Vlingo and it was ok. I just didn't need it as much as I thought I would. When I deleted it I did it through my desktop manager but you could also do it the way you described.

Try it for a few days and see if you like it. If not it's easy to delete. I may even come back once I can't text and drive. :-)
    10-14-08 09:46 PM
    One more question.... Is it possible to set up Vlingo to activate by touching a blue tooth ( in addition to one of the side keys)? It would be nice to be able to push my blue tooth when driving and say a command without having to pick up the bb and hit the side key.

thanks!

Jason.
    10-14-08 09:46 PM
    to uninstall you got it perfectly right
    I used the usual settings-options-advanced-apps-delete to get rid of Vlingo, and I did a battery pull afterward, but no matter what I do when I push the right-button it still pulls up the "listening" dialogue. I've even assigned the button to a different app and it's still popping up.

How can I get rid of Vlingo's ghost? There is nothing on their website and they're not answering my emails.
    09-12-09 05:07 PM
    I like it works great for me
    09-12-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD