TalkLock� (BETA) Touch Screen Lock for BlackBerry� Storm�

Anyone tried this app yet? It locks the screen during calls and mimics the "slide to unlock" feature of the iPhone.

I gave it a shot, and while it seemed to work fine at the outset, it became a bit buggy later on - the slide wouldn't unlock the phone; you had to slide and then press the screen. At first a simple slide of it was all you needed.

I deleted it because frankly, I never cradle my phone between my head and shoulder so screen problems aren't an issue for me during calls. My wife however does this constantly, so I may have her try it for a few days.

Any other users with similar experiences?
    12-22-08 05:41 AM
    Yep most of us are, I have no problems with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 05:43 AM
    Yeah, I'm using it. Great app. Sorry you had problems, but I haven't encountered any yet while using it.
    12-22-08 06:10 AM
    I am using it also, never had any problems with it though.
    12-22-08 06:13 AM
    No problems either yet. It has made me less cautious about how hard I press it against my face though. I hope it doesn't fail on me though. Great app.

12-22-08 06:33 AM
    I'm using this app on my UK Storm 9500..

Works great for me. Had no problems with it.
    12-22-08 06:38 AM
    I deleted it off my phone. While it was a good app but I really have no use for it, and it also started to bug out a little bit. It would take like 6 seconds to load the phone screen when I would hit the green talk button. Also, it would lag my phone up to 1 minute sometimes after hanging up from a call. I deleted it yesterday and seen immediate improvement with the phone app as soon as it was deleted.

It's a good idea, but just a little too buggy on my phone.

On a side note, ever since the .83 update, it seems like my phone is automatically locking during a phone call? It does not do it every time, but about 75% of the time when I take the phone away from my head while on a call, it's a blue and black screen identical to being locked in landscape mode. Anybody else getting this at all?
    12-22-08 06:38 AM
    No problems here. This app works perfectly so far
    12-22-08 06:51 AM
    +1 app works great for me. My fat cheek is always hitting the mute button!
    12-22-08 06:53 AM
    +2 it was what was really missing on this beauty!

12-22-08 06:59 AM
    literally has a slide thing to unlock?
    12-22-08 07:13 AM
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Worked for me.

12-22-08 07:29 AM
    Literally!!!

literally has a slide thing to unlock?
    12-22-08 07:34 AM
    I'm using as well, and have had no issues...save one - My younger daughter was on the phone and even with the screen locked she managed to somehow managed to (with her face) move the slider to go back to the phone screen, then must have bumped the mute button.

One thing I noticed is that when you slide the "slider" it stops at the last point at which you slid it to. If you manage to slide it all the way (after multiple small slides) it will go back to the phone screen.

Not sure if an update can fix this so that the lock will only be removed after one complete slide, rather than a bunch of smaller slides.

Either way, great app
    12-22-08 07:49 AM
    I'm using as well, and have had no issues...save one - My younger daughter was on the phone and even with the screen locked she managed to somehow managed to (with her face) move the slider to go back to the phone screen, then must have bumped the mute button.

One thing I noticed is that when you slide the "slider" it stops at the last point at which you slid it to. If you manage to slide it all the way (after multiple small slides) it will go back to the phone screen.

Not sure if an update can fix this so that the lock will only be removed after one complete slide, rather than a bunch of smaller slides.

Either way, great app
    Even with the screen locked, the hard button mute on the top right corner of the phone still functions. If your daughter bumped that button while talking, it would mute the call. Are you sure that's not what happened?

I just tried intentionally sliding my cheek across the phone and the slider didn't move. My chin and my nose were able to move it, though. Of course, how many folks are going to be accidentally sliding their noses across the screen during a phone call.

-SR-

PS: I just figured out another way to fix the phone call screen click option... grow a beard. During this test, I realized that I have to press pretty hard on the screen with my face to get it to register any touches because I have a beard.
    12-22-08 08:02 AM

PS: I just figured out another way to fix the phone call screen click option... grow a beard. During this test, I realized that I have to press pretty hard on the screen with my face to get it to register any touches because I have a beard.
    lol, i just shaved yesterday for the first time in a while because we were having company over for the holidays...so THATS why i was having this problem! doh!
    12-22-08 08:12 AM
    I didnt even know about this app. Just downloaded it and it works great. This is a great app.
    12-22-08 08:13 AM
    working great for me. It does wait until it get a connection, so there is a delay from when you dial to when it locks. sometimes too long of a delay. but overall a life saver. I couldn't talk on the phone unless I was concetrating on keeping it away from my face.

Ken
    12-22-08 08:32 AM
    There are several other threads already goijg about this app. See my signature.

12-22-08 08:56 AM
    Yeah this app works great for me....I love it!

12-22-08 09:06 AM
    yes, it's great!!
    12-22-08 09:26 AM
    Works great for me!
    12-22-08 09:32 AM
    I've been using it. It works great except when you need to enter in a password for your voicemail or a conf call. It will lock in 2 seconds reguardless of what you are doing. Other than that I love it!
    12-22-08 09:34 AM
    I tried it, and it froze up my Storm. Did a 1 min. battery pull, re-tried, and got the same result. I uninstalled it, but have not given it another try. Should I try again?
    12-22-08 09:39 AM
    Great App. If you check out the other threads, you can change the background wallpaper for it. Sure doesn't act like a beta for me!
    12-22-08 09:44 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD